OP
OP
GaryE

GaryE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fred has been in QT for 2 weeks now. Going back in the DT tomorrow. He's doing great. If anything he's stressed due to lack of swim space. He has been swimming in circles for the last two days.

OP
OP
GaryE

GaryE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sad to report that Fred didn't make it. He went into QT a second time with erythromycin and just never recovered. I stopped eating during the first QT and never started eating again. I'm thinking he had serious eye flukes and nothing I tried helped. He just withered away.

It's a sad day here.

Our 30 lbs Labradoodle had a stroked a few days ago and is having a lot of trouble getting around. He's not eating either. We are having to feed him Ensure with a turkey baster. The wife was planning on taking him in to the vet for his final trip this morning if he didn't start getting better.

I have a nice 15 minute video clip of him stumbling around the back yard like a drunk. He loves it in the sun, so we left him out there to lay in the grass. He took a walk and came back in the house on his own. Very happy about that. Afterward I gave Foxface Fred his final swim... He was the first fish we got for this tank. Sad about that.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 44 83.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.8%
Back