Sick/weak copperband butterfly

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I fed two cubes of frozen every night, about an hour or two after feeding pellets to the rest of the tank so the other fish wouldn't be as aggressive eating. I also made sure to not touch the big aiptasia in my overflow so he always had babies to eat, which he was always picking at my rocks for. Maybe that wasn’t enough for him...
I'm sorry. These fish need multiple meals a day. Very messy eaters. I wish I could tell you if he was getting enough food or not. They are a thin fish to begin with a very high metabolism.
If you do try a cbb again, offer 3 to 5 feedings. I know it sounds like a lot. It's how I keep mine chunky.

OP
OP
adittam

adittam

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Jay Hemdal were you able to piece together any of the information I gathered afterwards to recommend any follow-up action with the rest of my fish (other than continued observation, of course)?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Jay Hemdal were you able to piece together any of the information I gathered afterwards to recommend any follow-up action with the rest of my fish (other than continued observation, of course)?

Sorry, no signs of flukes, so no treatment is warranted in that regard for the other fish....just something that is best ruled out though.

Jay

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back