Sick yellow tang

CoralClasher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had this little guy for more than a year. I’ve been trying the bacteria bloom method for battling Dino witch is two types of Dr. Tim’s and vodka. I’ve done three rounds of this method without any fish loss and now I’m two weeks after last round and the yellow tang has some red streaks in the fins. Is this something that back to a good Diet will help or does he need more help?
995A4346-019B-4AB2-8A26-3272854458E7.jpeg
A1D1E13A-6579-4119-9CEA-DA54857CD49F.jpeg
45F48B3B-22EB-4E2D-B37B-2FD34F2E95C8.jpeg

DLHDesign

Ex-Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this something that back to a good Diet will help
When you say "back to a good diet", is that because you've changed the feeding schedule or volume for the tank?

Also; please check your salinity. A sudden rise in salinity can cause problems of this nature. Returning the salinity to normal levels should lead to recovery. (And then making slow upward adjustments if needed.)

OP
OP
CoralClasher

CoralClasher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you say "back to a good diet", is that because you've changed the feeding schedule or volume for the tank?

Also; please check your salinity. A sudden rise in salinity can cause problems of this nature. Returning the salinity to normal levels should lead to recovery. (And then making slow upward adjustments if needed.)
Yeah I cut back on feeding for the treatment of Dino

OP
OP
CoralClasher

CoralClasher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Normally my salinity is 1.026, right now for some reason it’s 1.025

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay I'd hold off on getting your fish and put him in QT and administer kanaplex + furan2 + metroplex through the water column for 2 weeks.

Check out this link below.

OP
OP
CoralClasher

CoralClasher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay I'd hold off on getting your fish and put him in QT and administer kanaplex + furan2 + metroplex through the water column for 2 weeks.

Check out this link below.

Not going to be easy catching him is there anything I can try in the DT?
image.jpg

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are your water parameters? If you cant QT the fish you will need to approach this by providing the highest level of nutrition and super pristine water conditions. You can also try feeding kanaplex + furan2 + metroplex + focus which will bind these medications to the fish food making it reef safe. I suggest adding garlic guard and selcon to the food.

OP
OP
CoralClasher

CoralClasher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are your water parameters? If you cant QT the fish you will need to approach this by providing the highest level of nutrition and super pristine water conditions. You can also try feeding kanaplex + furan2 + metroplex + focus which will bind these medications to the fish food making it reef safe. I suggest adding garlic guard and selcon to the food.
In the last two weeks I’ve done two 30% WC my parameters are right on and have been watching nutrients very close.

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It depends on the conditon of the fish and the type of bacteria you're dealing with. If the bacteria are avaricious and your other fish have poor nutrition or are stressed from water quality issues, etc... then they are but If the fish are in good health then odds are much better.

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you added anything recently to the tank? What are your parameters?

In the last two weeks I’ve done two 30% WC my parameters are right on and have been watching nutrients very close.

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay thanks good to know. It possible that one of the wounds became infected and the infection spread. Again there's not much you can do if you cant QT the fish. You're best course of action is super pristine water conditions and vitamin enriched foods with the addition of kanaplex + furan2 + metroplex + focus.

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree, red streaks can indicate a bacterial infection.
Best to treat in a quarantine tank if possible.
Get a fish trap and catch him with that.
Bacterial infections aren't contagious in the same way that parasitic infections are.
But if the bacterial concentration or type is sufficient to infect one fish, it could also affect others.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 37 52.9%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 37 52.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 15 21.4%
  • None.

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.6%
Back