Sierra_Bravo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whoa!! Stunning!!

I got a similar Frag. Different color.
How long did it take to grow that size? I see the original plug in the middle.

Well, I was looking back to see when exactly I got it and am not finding it. However, here is a picture taken July of 2018 showing how large (small) it was at that time. It was still on that same plug. :) It really has grown slowly.

I3eyoBCh.jpg

OP
OP
Sierra_Bravo

Sierra_Bravo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use two black styrene panels to cover the rear of my tank. It makes it easy to remove them and clean the back glass. I always enjoy it because you get an entirely different view than you are used to.

20200726_155823a.jpg

20200726_160059a.jpg

20200726_160142a.jpg

20200726_160106a.jpg

Figured out where all my Nerite snails go to get down and party. ;)

20200726_160224a.jpg

All sorts of cool sponges and tunicates, plus I get to see where one of my brittle stars hang out during the day.

20200726_155839a.jpg

20200726_155942a.jpg

20200726_155921a.jpg

OP
OP
Sierra_Bravo

Sierra_Bravo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm very pleased with the turnaround the tank has made. This WWC Grafted Sunfire was a centerpiece of the tank and probably close to 8-10" across with multiple plates. I lost it all except two small frags and a larger piece, each of which was nearly white. Here are what those frags look like now. Fighting through the issues and making a comeback has been a highpoint since I've started.

20200802_185028a.jpg

WallyB

REEF Techno-Geek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use two black styrene panels to cover the rear of my tank. It makes it easy to remove them and clean the back glass. I always enjoy it because you get an entirely different view than you are used to.

20200726_155823a.jpg
How do you manage not to get the APex and other controllers from getting Spill Damage?
They are under the ledge of the Tank Stand. (SPACERS? or something)
If I did that they way I splish and splash when reaching into Tank, I'd ruin my stuff in no time.
Maybe I should STop Putting my Hands into my Tank :) LOL

OP
OP
Sierra_Bravo

Sierra_Bravo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you manage not to get the APex and other controllers from getting Spill Damage?
They are under the ledge of the Tank Stand. (SPACERS? or something)
If I did that they way I splish and splash when reaching into Tank, I'd ruin my stuff in no time.
Maybe I should STop Putting my Hands into my Tank :) LOL

What are you doing? Taking a bath in your tank? :p I rarely have any splash or spill issues and have not had any problems with my controllers there.

WallyB

REEF Techno-Geek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you doing? Taking a bath in your tank? :p I rarely have any splash or spill issues and have not had any problems with my controllers there.
I was just teasing you. :) Bath or snorkelling/dive would be fun, but I need a bigger tank for that.
Yet, when I do reach into my tank,and I pull out tongs, tweezer, or hands it is hard to not get drips, unless I have a towel handy.

OP
OP
Sierra_Bravo

Sierra_Bravo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I discovered my Reef Fanatic Micro pH controller I use for my calcium reactor is faulty - it's allowing the Carbon Doser solenoid to open even when the output is off. I've had a few times where it shows no output but the pH in my reactor is super low.

I'm going to convert the second probe input on the Apex from ORP to pH and just control it off the Apex instead.

OP
OP
Sierra_Bravo

Sierra_Bravo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great PHoto's.

WHat is that Last Gold/Yellow Acro? A Sunset Millie? If so, they are one of my favourites.

BTW. Did you end up moving?

Good morning, Wally. It's a JF Solar Flare millepora. As for moving, off the top of my head I don't recall talking about moving, but that day won't come for a few more years. I've still a daughter in high school that will have to finish before I entertain leaving Texas.

WallyB

REEF Techno-Geek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning, Wally. It's a JF Solar Flare millepora. As for moving, off the top of my head I don't recall talking about moving, but that day won't come for a few more years. I've still a daughter in high school that will have to finish before I entertain leaving Texas.
LOL. I got you mixed up with someone else moving to another Country.

BTW. That Solar Flare Milie you have is certainly Special.
It caught my Attention, since I got a similar Frag (Sold as Sunset Millie)

SunsetFrag.jpg

It's encrusting nicely and I'm holding my breath that it continues and becomes a nice Colony like yours one day.

SunSetMillieFragEncrusting.jpg

Your Millie is SPECTACULAR in the Close up PHoto!!!

When I look at your FTS it doesn't stand out as much, so that means you other Larger SPS are even more spectacular.

It's amazing to see the two before and after photos. 3 Years you made so much progress.
Things are tight but everything overlaps and blends in beautifully in your layout.
Looks like you are not yet purning your SPS at this point.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 43 48.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 47 52.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 20 22.5%
  • None.

Votes: 23 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.1%
Back