Signs of excessive flow in euphyllia?

razorskiss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some hammers and frogspawn on a rock near the bottom of my tank and out of direct flow from the return or power head but do get to waving a fair bit from the reverse flow bouncing off the wall. Despite this they extend fully and look pretty normal, except for one frogspawn that has 2 tentacles that are noticably longer than the rest (I've heard these are akin to sweepers?) and retract fully at night. Are there any specific warning signs of unhappy euphyllia due to flow I should watch out for or is it something that's just not evident until it all goes to hell?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I have some hammers and frogspawn on a rock near the bottom of my tank and out of direct flow from the return or power head but do get to waving a fair bit from the reverse flow bouncing off the wall. Despite this they extend fully and look pretty normal, except for one frogspawn that has 2 tentacles that are noticably longer than the rest (I've heard these are akin to sweepers?) and retract fully at night. Are there any specific warning signs of unhappy euphyllia due to flow I should watch out for or is it something that's just not evident until it all goes to hell?
They should lightly wave and not be bouncing or bent to one side

Back