Silly Question

gulf coast reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all. I have a “dumb question” lol

had a friend do a water change while I was out of town. I think he removed more water than he added back. I have a Red Sea 170 and have adjusted the flow perfectly before so there’s no gurgle and right amount of water in sump. When I got home the sump level was low and return pump was pushing air. Figured the flow valve was messed with but it wasn’t. So here’s the dumb question…..I don’t want to mess up my specific gravity. Can I add my pre mixed saltwater I have to raise the water level or should I add RODI. I would like to take care of this ASAP. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks…hope everyone is doing well!!!

PeterEde

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all. I have a “dumb question” lol

had a friend do a water change while I was out of town. I think he removed more water than he added back. I have a Red Sea 170 and have adjusted the flow perfectly before so there’s no gurgle and right amount of water in sump. When I got home the sump level was low and return pump was pushing air. Figured the flow valve was messed with but it wasn’t. So here’s the dumb question…..I don’t want to mess up my specific gravity. Can I add my pre mixed saltwater I have to raise the water level or should I add RODI. I would like to take care of this ASAP. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks…hope everyone is doing well!!!
If your mix is the same as the tanks current SG then it will stay the same. If it's from evaporation your SG should be higher and use RODI water to bring it back down.

Depends on if loss is from evaporation or just not filled/topped off correctly.

A lesson I just learned to keep an eye on

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back