Single Bimaculatus Anthias in 65 gallon is a total terror

skp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,

I have a single Bimac female in my 65 gallon with 3 chromis, 1 neon goby, and one mexican barnacle blenny. I had a whip fin wrasse in there but the Bimac chased it out. The Bimac is the largest fish at 2.75 inches. It hid under the rocks for a good 3 days when it was first introduced but now it's settled and It constantly chases all the fish except the barnacle blenny. I'm not sure what to do. It'll be hard to catch her. Should I try to add something a bit larger to put her in place? If so what would be good? Or should I just catch her and trade her in?

thanks in advance.

JCM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are a larger, more aggressive anthias. It will be hard to curb that behavior. You could try a larger fish, but the anthias is only half grown at this point. I doubt that would work.

OP
OP
skp

skp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are a larger, more aggressive anthias. It will be hard to curb that behavior. You could try a larger fish, but the anthias is only half grown at this point. I doubt that would work.
I never thought an Anthias would be the one to terrorize an entire tank. I couldn't find any info about a Bimac causing this type of problems. I guess I need to catch her or live with it being the only fish in the tank. Thanks for the reply.

JCM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never thought an Anthias would be the one to terrorize an entire tank. I couldn't find any info about a Bimac causing this type of problems. I guess I need to catch her or live with it being the only fish in the tank. Thanks for the reply.

No problem. yeah, some of the larger anthias can get pretty frisky. If you want to trade it out for another species, dispar and Ignitus are pretty easy and won't terrorize other fish. Squamippinis is easy also but the males get pretty large and may become a bully.

Back