Single dose DOS help

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

i want to do a single 20ml daily dose with the DOS but it seems not to be possible. It states that I need to spread it at least accross 10 min and this would not work for me. It has to be one continuous single dose, at every time, every day. Anyone knows how to do this?

Thanks in advance!!!

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whenever you use the DOS graphical scheduler, it automatically tries to spread the amount over the longest possible time. This is in an effort to reduce spikes in parameters, to reduce wear on the pumps, and to reduce noise levels.

However, if you really want to dose a specific volume as quickly as possible, you can skip the graphical scheduler and instead manually program it with a DOS Profile and some code.

1. Create a DOS profile containing the settings for the volume you want, the pump speed, and the number of doses. This example will deliver a single 20 mL dose at the pump rate of 125 mL/minute (that's the 2nd fastest rate possible, but if you choose 250 mL/min it will be extremely loud), which will only require the DOS to run for 9.6 seconds for 20 mL:

Screen Shot 2021-05-08 at 9.18.02 AM.png

2. Then in the DOS schedule, click the gear at the top right, then click the Advanced tab. Here you can enter program code which overrides the graphical schedule. Here's an example to do a single 20 mL dose every day at 8:00am:

Set OFF
If Time 08:00 to 08:01 Then DOS_20ml

Because of the Set OFF command, the DOS will remain off at all times except for 8am when it activates your custom profile. The settings in the graphical scheduler will be completely ignored.

Read the DOS User Guide for more details on DOS profiles:

For more Apex tips and examples, see my series of Apex tutorials:

OP
OP
VJV

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whenever you use the DOS graphical scheduler, it automatically tries to spread the amount over the longest possible time. This is in an effort to reduce spikes in parameters, to reduce wear on the pumps, and to reduce noise levels.

However, if you really want to dose a specific volume as quickly as possible, you can skip the graphical scheduler and instead manually program it with a DOS Profile and some code.

1. Create a DOS profile containing the settings for the volume you want, the pump speed, and the number of doses. This example will deliver a single 20 mL dose at the pump rate of 125 mL/minute (that's the 2nd fastest rate possible, but if you choose 250 mL/min it will be extremely loud), which will only require the DOS to run for 9.6 seconds for 20 mL:

2. Then in the DOS schedule, click the gear at the top right, then click the Advanced tab. Here you can enter program code which overrides the graphical schedule. Here's an example to do a single 20 mL dose every day at 8:00am:

Set OFF

Because of the Set OFF command, the DOS will remain off at all times except for 8am when it activates your custom profile. The settings in the graphical scheduler will be completely ignored.

Thank you very much SuncrestReef. It is really awesome the support you provide to the community. Also, for someone coming from GHL the APEX is so much easier and logical to program that it is not even in the same realm. Best decision ever in my reefing carrer, switching from GHL to Neptune.

OP
OP
VJV

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have tried the above but it does not allow me to upload the changes to fusion....? I created the profile, went to the advanced tab, wrote the two lines but the upload icon never lights up orange for me to upload the changes...?

Attachments

• E87D682C-B282-47DF-800C-B4C30C903F06.png
    E87D682C-B282-47DF-800C-B4C30C903F06.png
    261.1 KB · Views: 51
OP
OP
VJV

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@SuncrestReef , sorry to bother you but I created the DOS Profile (called it AB14ml),

2EA18E56-3009-423D-80BC-A8A44BF88888.png

when I click on the gear icon at the upper right of the DOS schedule and try to enter the programming, it never allows me to upload it....?

1895A932-06BF-43C5-83E7-2CF100613B68.png

I then press OK, but the upload button never lights upp and when I go back to this pge the programming is empty....???

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@SuncrestReef , sorry to bother you but I created the DOS Profile (called it AB14ml),

2EA18E56-3009-423D-80BC-A8A44BF88888.png

when I click on the gear icon at the upper right of the DOS schedule and try to enter the programming, it never allows me to upload it....?

1895A932-06BF-43C5-83E7-2CF100613B68.png

I then press OK, but the upload button never lights upp and when I go back to this pge the programming is empty....???
Click upload button even tho it’s not light up

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Click upload button even tho it’s not light up
This is correct. @VJV just click the upload button even though it’s not highlighted. It’s a bug in the user interface.

OP
OP
VJV

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I decided to complicate things a bit...

I saw Paul's video about dosing liquid foods and liked the backwash cycle that he does to move the RedSea AB+ back into the bottle. I created the two DOs profiles, one adds 64mls equivalent to the 50ml contained in the tubbing plus the 14mls I want to add (ABPlus_in), and another running in reverse for 80mls to empty the tubing (ABPlus_out).

I currently have these linked to a Feed mode but is there a possibility to automate this to run every morning at 8:05? Understand I need to create a new virtual outlet but what code would it need to ensure that it would both dose and backwash the tubing?

Many thanks and kind regards!

DeputyDog95

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Set OFF

Great post!

Can you clarify two things for me, please?

Explain the dose intervals...

For example.

I sent mine to 25/ml a min, 100 ml's, and set the interval for 240 seconds (4 mins). Assuming that at 25/ml, dosing 100ml's, it would take 4 mins. However, it kept giving me a hard time using 240 seconds and I had to increase the dosing interval to 750 seconds before it would allow me to upload the profile. It said either to increase the dosing speed or lengthen the interval. I in this case chose to lengthen the interval, but I don't understand why it was asking me to do this.

Also, as far as the time statement in the program... 750 seconds is about 12 mins. Does that mean I should make the time statement 12 inches wide so the dos remains on the whole time? For example, 1400 to 1412?

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 66 37.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.2%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back