Single Polyp of DB's Black Hornet IM- All proceeds go directly to Danny's family.

drainbamage

Extreme Whippersnapper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep the bids coming guys!

As of 7:22 PM pacific, Current High Bidder: $137 from Mr. Troylee!!

But he hasn't won yet- get those bids in now!!!

Before we get to the auction, because I'm listing these as Black Hornets here's a bit of "legal" info-

These are "DB's Black Hornets IM" - which means they are lineaged to me, noone else (and I will not be mentioning that name anywhere to prevent ANY possible confusion- I want to make it clear these are not lineaged to anyone but lil' ol' me, and adding my name to make that clear, not to generate hype (as if my name would carry any :squigglemouth: ) )
I am listing these as IM as they are an Identical Morph to the established Black Hornets- but again, they are NOT lineaged which is why I am labelling them as IM.
I posted a discussion here:
https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/zoanthid-id-forum/57633-these-black-hornets.html
So you can see for yourself- there were many posters who said they looked similar, many who said they were not- of those who said they were not, noone provided a clear distinction why they were not, simply that they felt otherwise (or said something that I countered and as of this writing, I have not seen a rebuttal to mine). I am by no means an expert in anything- but I have compared these against THE picture for many hours, and after seeing mine in various lighting conditions, have no problem (and a very clear conscious) declaring them to be an Identical Morph. The difference I see is mainly in growth form of stubby vs leggy, which is very common based upon different conditions found in tanks (lighting/flow/nutrients, etc.)
If you bid on these, please understand you are purchasing MY Black Hornets, and you will receive a polyp from the pictures I am providing bellow. If that is unsatisfactory, please don't bid and complain afterwards, seriously, please don't- I'm doing this to try and help out a family in need and I'm willing to deal with some problems for it, but don't want to get bogged down in loads of drama.
Additionally, if you want to discuss/argue how Black Hornets don't fit the Hornet profile- go do it in the zoa discussion area- Black Hornets have become known as the polyps that they are, so I'm not going and changing the name and causing duplicate names on already known zoa's, there's enough of that out there anyways.

OK- all that said (and please read it)- here's the deal.

A single polyp of DB's Black Hornet IMs, all proceeds go directly to the paypal account Rev set up.
Once Rev provides me a copy of the paypal receipt of the winning persons bid, I will ask for shipping expenses ($35 USPS, $50 for fedex/UPS if you prefer) and get you the item out ASAP. I'm going to frag it after I see a few bids put up, and I might choose to hold the polyp for a couple weeks to make sure it's healed and stable (given these love to melt, joy!) If I do that, I'll provide phone, home address, email, etc to the purchaser and provide picture updates so you know exactly what's going on.
Auction is run just like the other ones on here- post your bids in this thread, highest bid at 11:59PM on Tuesday wins. If there's duplicate bids or same time bids, the first of the identicals, not the last, wins. So if you wait to the last second to bid and someone else beats you by a hair, your loss for waiting.

Here's some pics :bigsmile:

03231123.jpg

03231136.jpg

and to make up for the possibly negative tone of the "legal" briefing, here's some excessive happiness by Lil' Lee, Troylee's illegitimate best-man on his 2nd cousin's side

LilLee.gif

oh heck, lets have two of him
LilLee.gif

thanks all, really appreciate anyone who bids on this and your willingness to help out this young family in pain. For some reason I think Danny may have been down in San Diego at some point, he seems really familiar.

Last edited:

falconerr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
$100 it is for a very good cause

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is how this particular auction Is gonna work... Sorry db it's out of your control!!!! When TL wants something I get it!!!! This piece is mine if some one happens to beat me at the end there gonna pay greatly!!!! Honestly who cares it's for a great cause!!!! I'm already into this donation thing for 400$ something dollars...chea!!!!!!

bct15

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
$115 Price isn't as important when it's helping a family in need out

returnofsid

Moderator Extrodinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
$135.00!! Beautiful DB's Black hornet!!!! An even more beautiful heart, giving to the cause!!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back