Six line wrasse in return chamber

Isiah1820

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this little guy has been stuck in the return for a few weeks now. Didn’t even know and thought he was dead till I got a quick glimpse of him randomly in there. My question is how the hell do I get him out? I will attach pictures of the setup. It’s a small area and using a net didn’t work. It’s a fluval AIO tank.

8CA59DC7-22FD-4DA4-9A3B-FD95D4DD961C.jpeg 78962E01-C73D-4922-B86A-3035AFDB35F6.jpeg

demonclownfish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
pull whatever you can pull out and get that net in there until he's caught. if you're lucky he might jump back into the DT.

OP
OP
I

Isiah1820

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
pull whatever you can pull out and get that net in there until he's caught. if you're lucky he might jump back into the DT.
I wish he would just do that lol. He stays down deep in there too I’ve only seen him twice since he’s been in there.

OfficeReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, no.... get a hose with a larger hand pump on the other end. Voila, back into the tank.

You could also attach the hand pump or siphon pump (if large enough) onto the end of a piece of clear tubing and essentially draw them out but I would not use the net as you may injure the fish further. Watch the fish carefully afterwards for any signs of stress or shock and treat appropriately.

OP
OP
I

Isiah1820

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, no.... get a hose with a larger hand pump on the other end. Voila, back into the tank.

You could also attach the hand pump or siphon pump (if large enough) onto the end of a piece of clear tubing and essentially draw them out but I would not use the net as you may injure the fish further. Watch the fish carefully afterwards for any signs of stress or shock and treat appropriately

OP
OP
I

Isiah1820

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do have a old hand pump from a previous water change hose. I use one now that I just use my mouth on to get the water flowing lol smh don’t judge me I’ve managed to not get water in my mouth so far. But the only issue with that method is I might have to drain a lot of water, or keep going till I can get him. Idk I’m doing a WC tmw and I will see how it’s goes.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 42.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 22.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 32 33.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.1%
Back