Six line wrasse trying to eat emerald crab.

TheReefDiary

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just put an emerald crab in my tank to help with clean up and my six line wrasse is harrassing the **** out of it. legitimately pecking at it. are six lines that bold they will literally try to eat a crab?

MaxM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They don't like new additions. He may just be trying to drive it away from what he considers his.

OP
OP
TheReefDiary

TheReefDiary

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My emerald crabs tend to die. However, I rarely see my pom pom crab but when I do, he appears to be thriving along with his little nems.
the guy at my lfs said the same thing. he said his always seem to just disappear. guess we'll see. he already seems to find plenty to eat and I feed algae pellets for the snails and other CUC so hopefully he gets enough food.

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just put an emerald crab in my tank to help with clean up and my six line wrasse is harrassing the **** out of it. legitimately pecking at it. are six lines that bold they will literally try to eat a crab?
I have a 6 line and a few emerald crabs in pieces around the tank. Didn't see him do it but somebody don't like green crabs in the neighborhood.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sixlines can be nasty wrasses, and inverts aren’t an exception from their aggression. Definitely keep an eye out for legs and claws (or even sometimes you don’t see any signs the crabs have been eaten).
He may not have been aggressive to your clowns depending on tank size, size difference and also who was added first.

Back