Six line wrasse

Bobby303

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blotchy skin is it a bacterial infection and any advise on treatment. 1.026 8.0 ph 78 F less than .02 ppm ammonia in QT with cupramine .25 ppm thanks!

15826496871064332317020752335508.jpg

Bizzy bee reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blotchy skin is it a bacterial infection and any advise on treatment. 1.026 8.0 ph 78 F less than .02 ppm ammonia in QT with cupramine .25 ppm thanks!

Off topic what else do you have in that tank and is he aggressive.

Ruben's Reef

Ruben's Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
!!! Welcome to R2R !!! Let's get some help from the #reefsquad

OP
OP
B

Bobby303

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Off topic what else do you have in that tank and is he aggressive.
2 clowns a flasher wrasse candy hogback tomini tang a clown goby diamond watchman draganet and he is a little aggressive when adding a new fish but only for a day or two and most don't like seeing his reflection in the glass he puffs up and head butts the glass

Bizzy bee reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 clowns a flasher wrasse candy hogback tomini tang a clown goby diamond watchman draganet and he is a little aggressive when adding a new fish but only for a day or two and most don't like seeing his reflection in the glass he puffs up and head butts the glass
Okay thank you. I have a 6line just got him two days ago and I’m nervous because all these bad thins I Keep hearing about them how aggressive they can be but mine seems to be doing fine so far with the two clowns and soon to be added coral beauty and watchman pistol pair

OP
OP
B

Bobby303

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay thank you. I have a 6line just got him two days ago and I’m nervous because all these bad thins I Keep hearing about them how aggressive they can be but mine seems to be doing fine so far with the two clowns and soon to be added coral beauty and watchman pistol pair
I think they get more aggressive as they age and get a little more territorial my MD is a 125 L so lots of room when they get out of QT they seem to all want to hang out on just the one side of the tank its pretty funny and on a positive note my clowns finally hosted to the bubble tips after about two months !

20200104_193017.jpg

Bizzy bee reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think they get more aggressive as they age and get a little more territorial my MD is a 125 L so lots of room when they get out of QT they seem to all want to hang out on just the one side of the tank its pretty funny and on a positive note my clowns finally hosted to the bubble tips after about two months !

20200104_193017.jpg
Wow big tank I have a 30L I have the 6 line and two clowns. But I want to get a coral beauty and watchman pistol pair. Soon hopefully. That’s what I keep hearing they get more aggressive the older they get hope mine doesn’t

DS204

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We had to remove our 6line because it was dive-bombing and pecking at a scooter blenny that we added. He was such a pleasure to keep for the first year but once we added a new addition he was a devil in disguise. It was so hard to watch him attack a new fish, and he was nearly impossible to catch. I'll never add another 6 line again, unless it's to an aggressive fish tank. Hope that doesn't burst your bubble, but just beware. Never thought a fish would be so aggressive but man was that 6line a terror.

Bizzy bee reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We had to remove our 6line because it was dive-bombing and pecking at a scooter blenny that we added. He was such a pleasure to keep for the first year but once we added a new addition he was a devil in disguise. It was so hard to watch him attack a new fish, and he was nearly impossible to catch. I'll never add another 6 line again, unless it's to an aggressive fish tank. Hope that doesn't burst your bubble, but just beware. Never thought a fish would be so aggressive but man was that 6line a terror.
Oh man. He seems to be doing okay. Hopefully he isn’t as aggressive as I hear others can be I have a bunch of snails and hermits he doesn’t bother. Clowns he dosent bother neither my new corals so I think it’s fine knock on wood.

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally, with new wrasses, treat with General Cure. Has metro and prazi in it. Newly acquired wrasses and sand sifting fish can and do at time have internal parasites. GC is good for that.

In the case of your six line, blotchy skin could indicate a bacterial infection.

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Most wrasses do a bit better in a "chelated" copper like Copper Power/Coppersafe. Cupramine is an ionic copper and generally speaking can be a bit tougher on some wrasses and their immune system. Lowered immune system can often result in a bacterial infection. Antibiotic options below

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back