SK-5000 Rolling Unevenly

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Salty_Fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All,

Has anyone with this system has the roll wind unevenly causing water to escape (unfiltered) on one side of the white plastic? I've been able to temporarily fix it by adjusting the sheet but it always goes back.

Thanks,

Mike

lakai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No way to fix it without cutting all the dirty fleece downto the core and reattatching it evenly.

Biglex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Send them an email. There is a plastic tube they are sending out that corrects this I just installed this week let’s see if it helps
image.jpg

OP
OP
S

Salty_Fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Send them an email. There is a plastic tube they are sending out that corrects this I just installed this week let’s see if it helps
image.jpg
Thank you for the feedback. So I did this and installed that tube which fixed the "ridge" problem in the dirty roll but not the uneven rolling.

OP
OP
S

Salty_Fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No way to fix it without cutting all the dirty fleece downto the core and reattatching it evenly.
Unfortunately, this has been a long standing issue with me and this product. I have made sure it's aligned properly and it somehow works itself crooked over time. Pretty frustrating.

AngryOwl

Angry
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately, this has been a long standing issue with me and this product. I have made sure it's aligned properly and it somehow works itself crooked over time. Pretty frustrating.
I had this issue and it was just a matter of making sure the roll was level. I forget exactly but if the roll is bunching towards the back (front to back) then you need to raise the roll slightly... and the inverse the other way. Haven't had an issue since...

Biglex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the feedback. So I did this and installed that tube which fixed the "ridge" problem in the dirty roll but not the uneven rolling.
As of now it’s rolled good. But when I installed it it was way past half roll and bunched up in middle. I cut the roll installed the brace and the wrapped what was left of the roll say1/4 of it left and it’s been fine as of now but not sure how it will do with the full roll on there

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back