OP
ADAM

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I might add that the skeleton was not visible in any of the photos either.

I have sent photos and along with my feelings on the situation already and have not seen a response as of right now. I feel they are good people and hopefully money will not get in the way of their judgement about the situation. A 2 piece total of $650 “sale price” for obviously 1.5 heads without the name “Holy” in it is not market value, much less “sale”

OP
OP
ADAM

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
C2FC4D20-E684-40E4-9E3D-F1F755A3B372.jpeg
Makes me want CHEEZY POOFS! and Ive already started yelling “respect my authori-TYE” at the kids, also all kids have been renamed Butters until further notice.

CA4DB291-0BD9-43DF-A78F-01F78DA686FF.jpeg

jlts21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I might add that the skeleton was not visible in any of the photos either.

I have sent photos and along with my feelings on the situation already and have not seen a response as of right now. I feel they are good people and hopefully money will not get in the way of their judgement about the situation. A 2 piece total of $650 “sale price” for obviously 1.5 heads without the name “Holy” in it is not market value, much less “sale”
If you don't mind me asking, what torch is it? Depending on what torch it is, $650 is a good deal for a two head torch, not for 2 separated heads of torch. I'm not sure if it is common with everyone else, but I generally get a better price per head when there are multiple heads versus just one

OP
OP
ADAM

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you don't mind me asking, what torch is it? Depending on what torch it is, $650 is a good deal for a two head torch, not for 2 separated heads of torch. I'm not sure if it is common with everyone else, but I generally get a better price per head when there are multiple heads versus just one
“NY Knicks” generally speaking I see “lower per head” for multiples when talking Euphyllia, Shrooms, and Zoa
Ex: 1 head/polyp at 300 or 2 headed/ polyp frags for 450/500* if they’re two fully separated sized heads* Probably 350-400 for “1.5” or Large Frags.

jlts21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
“NY Knicks” generally speaking I see “lower per head” for multiples when talking Euphyllia, Shrooms, and Zoa
Ex: 1 head/polyp at 300 or 2 headed/ polyp frags for 450/500* if they’re two fully separated sized heads* Probably 350-400 for “1.5” or Large Frags.
yep that's what I was saying. You just said it better. Hopefully they make it right, if not I know this forum is great with doing what they can to get the vendor to make it right

Kellie in CA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I agree with the rest, that’s not okay and I would not be happy about it.

I feel your pain though. I recently received a $300 trachy with this situation going on. When I complained I was told that these kinds of corals can usually recover from something like this. Ok... but at that price point I don’t need the stress.
They did however, offer to extend the DOA guarantee, so at least they were willing to work with me. Hopefully your vendor will too.

B40ADC38-19E6-4B6A-BF89-F731B6617335.jpeg

OP
OP
ADAM

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am totally satisfied with the resolution, it is actually much better than I would have imagined. They are going to ship me another large fully developed head plus they have given me an additional store credit.
I feel I must remain silent about naming them as I fear it could be a little more bad press than good even tho they went above and beyond to resolve the situation quickly.

Thank you all for your input on the issue.... yes even you Cartman!

OP
OP
ADAM

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So.....16 days has past, I spoke with the vendor again on Feb 11th about when they expected to ship the replacement was told they were “in the process of coordinating shipping the replacement”. I included the days of the week that someone was available to receive a package each week also (Tues- Thursday every week) The offered store credit has not been issued as of yet either.
I messaged them again this morning Feb Feb 22, to touch base again about the expected ship date and when/how to access the store credit. I planned on adding right much to the order since I felt they took care of the issue to the best of their ability but I’m not so sure anymore. After having to reach out twice now, as a reminder, I’m starting to think I may have been told something just to calm my frustration about the order.

Anyone care to share their two cents?

jlts21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So.....16 days has past, I spoke with the vendor again on Feb 11th about when they expected to ship the replacement was told they were “in the process of coordinating shipping the replacement”. I included the days of the week that someone was available to receive a package each week also (Tues- Thursday every week) The offered store credit has not been issued as of yet either.
I messaged them again this morning Feb Feb 22, to touch base again about the expected ship date and when/how to access the store credit. I planned on adding right much to the order since I felt they took care of the issue to the best of their ability but I’m not so sure anymore. After having to reach out twice now, as a reminder, I’m starting to think I may have been told something just to calm my frustration about the order.

I would agree. Maybe they need to be called out on this forum since they are a forum vendor. The potential to lose the vendor status and quite a bit of business from the users of this forum may get them to own up and make it right, legitimately

Last edited:

Bryce M.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Give them until say tuesday night, it is the weekend, wait for at least one full business day to pass. Then yes call them out here if nothing happens

Dj City

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive been watching this thread since it started.
You got the coral February 6th.
Today is February 22. That's 15 days!

Ive been watching this thread since it started.
Do you need a whole month to see through the smoke they are blowing up your...?

You paid your money and got the frag next day shipping right?
If they were trying to make this right they would have sent you a new frag already. The way it's cut leads me to think they have no more that are ready and they stretched thin on what they did have because it really looks like they cut a head in half to sell both halves as a full head each.

If you paid for 2 heads, you got swindled because in reality, you only got one head.

Last edited:

motortrendz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopfully you paid with pp. After 2 full weeks of telling you what you wanna hear, and not following though I feel like your being messed with. And keep all the messages where they said they would make it right and then havent. It betters your case if you need to file a claim. Bc it sounds like your getting close.

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only time I have had a store delay credit was during a live sale. Which i understood, they had all their customer service representatives quite busy. Think it took a week or so for the credit but they were always prompt in all communication during this

Recently losing a frag in shipment, i was issued credit within a few hours of sending my email.

I would reach out again, being myself in retail i can say we are all human. I use AI resolution software myself that makes sure i dont miss a step with a customer, but even with this, there are the very rare failures be it a person or software.

samnaz

Earthling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely unacceptable. They think they can get away with this sloppy and careless fragging, and knowingly send a clearly damaged coral to a paying customer, for $200? Shameful. Not cool. I’m shocked any well known coral vendor would think that is ok. They had better have a good excuse, refund you, and or send healthy replacements.

Bryce M.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will stand by paypal, aqua locker was a company who owed me store credit for dead fish and they went bankrupt. Paypal paid me back what money I sent on paypal. I didn't get everything since it wasn't all through paypal and is not their problem, but they will pay you back the amount that you spent using paypal
100% recommend, I thought I was getting nothing back

NanoDJS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Keep records of all communication, everything will probably work out fine , I have had to wait almost 2 months for " replacement" coral from vendors before was patient even through the non responded to mails ect , people are super busy and I get it , eventually everything came in awesome and I have alot of respect for the vendor , glad I never spoke too soon and possibly tarnished the stellar reputation they had because I was stuck wondering. Just breathe for now , if they do screw you , light em up here Ill be the first to join in , calling out bad vendors. That hack shop job they did on that coral was hard to fathom. I've heard of some guys seeing people cut heads in half also ...... what the heck ? Sorry for your experience all around.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I commend you for:
a) documenting everything very clearly.
b) Holding fire with admirable patience.

That was a total hack job for sure, but I have to believe they will ultimately make good. At least I hope so; those pics tell the whole story.

Just curious, how is the torch doing?

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 35 34.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 21 20.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 28 27.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back