Skimmer AIO Red Sea Max E-170

Nuno Morgado

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello
I have an E-170 max tank, and I have problems with the AIO skimmer. When I stop the circulation pump to feed the fish, the skimmer overflows, if I reduce the air bubbles this doesn´t happen, but the cup of the skimmer sty dry. Does anyone know the correct procedure to correctly adjust the skimmer, step by step?
Thank you
Best regards from Portugal

RAS2REEFER

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello
I have an E-170 max tank, and I have problems with the AIO skimmer. When I stop the circulation pump to feed the fish, the skimmer overflows, if I reduce the air bubbles this doesn´t happen, but the cup of the skimmer sty dry. Does anyone know the correct procedure to correctly adjust the skimmer, step by step?
Thank you
How long has the tank been running? during the first month or two until the skimmer "breaks in" small changes in water level/air intake valve made very rapid changes to the foam/overflow level. now that the tank has aged a bit, even a minor increase in water level does not seem to create a rapid overfoaming/overflow condition into the cup...i have a max-e 260 btw...

OP
OP
Nuno Morgado

Nuno Morgado

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long has the tank been running? during the first month or two until the skimmer "breaks in" small changes in water level/air intake valve made very rapid changes to the foam/overflow level. now that the tank has aged a bit, even a minor increase in water level does not seem to create a rapid overfoaming/overflow condition into the cup...i have a max-e 260 btw...

Thanks for the answer. Makes sense as my tank is only 2 months old, and only have 2 clownfish, and an anemone (low bio load). Best regards

JaaxReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello
Thank you
Just turn the skimmer off before you turn off the return pump to feed?

I had the same tank and skimmer. That skimmer was a powerful one (same as they put on the E260), so it is a bit oversized for the tank. It took a couple weeks to break in and didn’t perform well until I had quite a few fish and was feeding a fair amount so it had something to pull out. If the skimmer is oversized it tends to “boil” instead of skim until it has more to pull out.

OP
OP
Nuno Morgado

Nuno Morgado

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just turn the skimmer off before you turn off the return pump to feed?

I had the same tank and skimmer. That skimmer was a powerful one (same as they put on the E260), so it is a bit oversized for the tank. It took a couple weeks to break in and didn’t perform well until I had quite a few fish and was feeding a fair amount so it had something to pull out. If the skimmer is oversized it tends to “boil” instead of skim until it has more to pull out.
Thank you

Back