Skimmer micro bubbles while treating with chemiclean

The_Shrimper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi!
So I just started treating my tank with chemiclean to get rid of some cyno. Since I started, my entire tank is completely filled with micro bubbles coming off the lower side of the skimmer. Is this normal or is my skimmer acting weird? I know it's good for the aeration but I wonder if it's too much .
Video of the amount of bubbles (hope you can see something ) -

The bubbles are coming out of this side -
IMG_20210506_210850.jpg

Thank you !

sharpimage

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
skimmer will go nuts until the chemi clean is cleared out, via waterchanges. Just let it run and bubble

littlebeard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very common for the skimmer to act up during chemiclean. Even mentions it in the directions. I hope you added airstones like the directions mentioned. When I ran it, I had to turn down the skimmer and I also removed the collection cup. Still produced a ton of foam.

After my treatment time was over and I did the suggested water change, I put the collection cup back on and removed anything it collected, replenishing the tank with fresh saltwater. Then i slowly increased the skimming rate over the next few days until it was back to normal.

OP
OP
The_Shrimper

The_Shrimper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very common for the skimmer to act up during chemiclean. Even mentions it in the directions. I hope you added airstones like the directions mentioned. When I ran it, I had to turn down the skimmer and I also removed the collection cup. Still produced a ton of foam.

After my treatment time was over and I did the suggested water change, I put the collection cup back on and removed anything it collected, replenishing the tank with fresh saltwater. Then i slowly increased the skimming rate over the next few days until it was back to normal.
Thank you for the fast reply!
I did add an air stone and removed the collection cup. So I should just accept the micro bubbles for now? The skimmer is foaming like crazy it's just weird to me that the micro bubbles are coming from the wrong end

temple2101

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am doing my 2nd round of Chemiclean right now. I remove the cup from my skimmer and let it foam over. I get micro bubbles as well but on my first treatment they went away once the skimmer settled back in. I wouldn't worry about it IMO unless things don't go back to normal ~1 week after you stop the treatment.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 48 55.2%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 26 29.9%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.4%
Back