Skimmer Options for IM Nuvo Fusion 20

Miss_Bangarang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been a while since I have looked at options for a skimmer for an IM Nuvo Fusion 20. Had a Ghost skimmer before, but wasn't super impressed, low skimmate production, and it decreased over the years. I heard a couple years ago that they were revamping it, but any listing I see for the Ghost doesn't look any different from before. Is that the new gen ghost being sold these days and does it work any better? Any other suggestions for skimmers that do fit? The Icecap K1 nano was looked like a possibility for me and was looking like it may fit, but they're sold out everywhere. I'm not real keen on retrofitting for a Tunze 9001 if I don't have to, I would like to find something to just drop in. I don't care about looks as far as the skimmer goes, just that it functions. If I can't find anything, I'd be open to looking into HOB skimmers. Never tried one, but if there's one someone was really impressed with I'd be open to suggestions. Been runnning skimmerless for a while now and the tank is sliding, want to get it back to where it was, so any help is appreciated. Even if the consensus is to throw in the towel and go Tunze! :p

TerraFerma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought the Ice Cap Nano was pretty darn good, both for the money and in general.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate to say this, but stay away from any IM skimmer. For what you get they are insanely overpriced. The collection container is a horrible design and will leak/bubble over constantly (making a mess), it's noisy (including the pump) and the cheap Chinese pump will fail in under 6 months - rendering the whole thing useless. I know some have had good success with the Tunze (with some modifications in the rear sump area).

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a ghost for over a year and bought it used! I have read so many bad reviews about the motor failing on the new one! I am not crazy about the ghost at all! I cant seem to keep it consistent! I do top off by hand so maybe thats why! LOL.

All the other name brand skimmers are at the same price range or higher and brs is offering 15 % off IM products! Petco has an aqueon aio skimmer for 50 bucks after the 20 buck of sale and chewy has one for 50. I wonder if they will do the job of the big name ones like the ice cap or tunze!

Did you find a new ne miss bangerang? Any suggestions for me? I just bough a lot of expensive corals to go into this tank so I want a good skimmer!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 35 85.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 7.3%
Back