Skimmer Options for IM Nuvo Fusion 20

AI Nero 5

Miss_Bangarang

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
It's been a while since I have looked at options for a skimmer for an IM Nuvo Fusion 20. Had a Ghost skimmer before, but wasn't super impressed, low skimmate production, and it decreased over the years. I heard a couple years ago that they were revamping it, but any listing I see for the Ghost doesn't look any different from before. Is that the new gen ghost being sold these days and does it work any better? Any other suggestions for skimmers that do fit? The Icecap K1 nano was looked like a possibility for me and was looking like it may fit, but they're sold out everywhere. I'm not real keen on retrofitting for a Tunze 9001 if I don't have to, I would like to find something to just drop in. I don't care about looks as far as the skimmer goes, just that it functions. If I can't find anything, I'd be open to looking into HOB skimmers. Never tried one, but if there's one someone was really impressed with I'd be open to suggestions. Been runnning skimmerless for a while now and the tank is sliding, want to get it back to where it was, so any help is appreciated. Even if the consensus is to throw in the towel and go Tunze! :p

Click to watch best scape method in 5 easy steps!

blaxsun

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I hate to say this, but stay away from any IM skimmer. For what you get they are insanely overpriced. The collection container is a horrible design and will leak/bubble over constantly (making a mess), it's noisy (including the pump) and the cheap Chinese pump will fail in under 6 months - rendering the whole thing useless. I know some have had good success with the Tunze (with some modifications in the rear sump area).

AI Hydra

What is the best "cleaning product" or home recipe for cleaning reef tank equipment?

• Water and scrubbing

Votes: 32 13.7%
  • Citric Acid

Votes: 112 47.9%
  • Vinegar

Votes: 74 31.6%
  • Hydrogen peroxide

Votes: 6 2.6%
  • Lemon Juice

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 10 4.3%