skimmer overflowing

Weyou

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is running for a year now.

I switched to the tropic Marin method about three months ago.

I used the beginning of their PRO-REEF Sea Salt, and after the bucket ended, I buy their Syn-Biotic Sea Salt. Also, i dose NITRIBIOTIC- Probiotic and nitrifying bacteria and np bacto balance for nitrate and phosphate. All these products are tropic marin made.

I stop dose everything for a month because I saw that my skimmer is overflowing, I do a water change of 20%, and after a week more 20% and after a week more 20%, also I taking out the filer socks so I don’t have any mechanical filtration. However, my skimmer is still overflowing. What can I do more?

Jonify

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tell us about your tank and the sump your skimmer is sitting in. Can you raise the skimmer up off the bottom of the sump to reduce overflowing?

OP
OP
W

Weyou

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
24x24x24 cube
20x20x20 sump
deltec sc 1455 ac version
i raised the skimmer so much high above the water I don't think that the problem

OP
OP
W

Weyou

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i dose NITRIBIOTIC- Probiotic and nitrifying bacteria and np bacto balance for nitrate and phosphate, but stop doing that for a month because the overflowing skimmer

Jonify

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i dose NITRIBIOTIC- Probiotic and nitrifying bacteria and np bacto balance for nitrate and phosphate, but stop doing that for a month because the overflowing skimmer
Hmm, those products don't generally accelerate over skimming. How often is it overflowing? And can you share a photo of the skimmer in its chamber?

OP
OP
W

Weyou

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
24-72 hours even a week, but after that, he overflowing...
when I turn off the pump and switch it on again, that stop but continue again
I notice that after I remove the filter socks, he more often overflowing but also, with the filter socks he overflowing

Greg P

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check the skimmer venturi for calcium buildup. Not where the airline is connected to the venturi, but rather inside the venturi, behind where air enters. You'll need to take it out and look inside.

OP
OP
W

Weyou

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the skimmer keeps overflowing
what can i do
can it be because i remove the filter socks?

CrazyCarlitos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
U didn’t mention ur phosphate or nitrate level.

perhaps the skimmer is just doing it’s job?

Keep dumping the skimmer container and maybe it will stop overflowing when whatever is causing the skimmer to go nuts is gone.

Back