Skimmer placement in sump

Reefrookie733

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this the best place to place the skimmer in the sump or should it be on the other side?

Was thinking of using filter socks on the left side but the current location of the skimmer would prevent that?

Suggestions?

Thanks
By the way admins, can i post more than one thread at a time? They are for different questions?

20200331_201825.jpg

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Probably the most common place to put the skimmer would be in the center chamber, but that is the great thing about sumps - they are a "glass" box to put stuff that you don't want in your main display tank so you have plenty of flexibility.

Yes, you can start another thread for another question or if they are related you may want to ask them both in the same thread - it is up to you.

Acskippy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's where mine will go. I do skimmer/fuge/return. Also I debated on putting a fitting on skimmer side so when I do water changes, I can u plug it and drain the dirty water out of skimmer side
Agree with skimmer/fuge/return.... depending on the way your tank is plumbed however, a drain on the supply (left) side in this example may only allow you to drain a small amount of water from the display tank before it breaks the syphon, then it will just drain your sump until the skimmer section runs dry.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back