Skimmer question

Jeremiah G

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I've got a EShopps 100 skimmer I had on my 75 gallon. I have upgraded to a 110 gallon tank and am trying to be thrifty with what I have already.
Can I utilize the old skimmer (EShopps 100) and get another one as well- run them together?
I know the EShopps 100 isnt large enough for this new size tank.

Thank you!

-Jeremiah

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I've got a EShopps 100 skimmer I had on my 75 gallon. I have upgraded to a 110 gallon tank and am trying to be thrifty with what I have already.
Can I utilize the old skimmer (EShopps 100) and get another one as well- run them together?
I know the EShopps 100 isnt large enough for this new size tank.

Thank you!

-Jeremiah
I'm not sure why, but operating two skimmers in a system doesn't seem to work very well. I can't explain why so don't take it as science.

One thing to keep in mind is that tank volume and skimmer sizes are mostly related by bio load. The Eshopps 100 will support just as many fish in a 11og system as it will in a 75g system. You can probably get by with it until you are at the point it can keep up or you get tired of cleaning the collection cup as often.

Anirban

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sell that one and get another one with higher rating. You can always control your bioload but a bit oversize skimmer generally helps.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back