Skimmers

mestorm121

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all

I am in the final stages of getting the last few things for my new 125gal mixed reef and I would like a few suggestions for a good skimmer for my sump

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Everyone has an opinion when it comes to skimmers. I am a big fan of #reefoctopus and am currently running three of their skimmers. I have been using their skimmers for the last ten years and found them to be very reliable. Good luck with whatever you chose!

andrewey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The best advice I can give is to google something like "reef2reef + *skimmer you're thinking about* + issue". That way you can be mindful of each skimmers quirks- when you do that you'll see some people have the same issue that's unresolved and might bug you, while other posts might include replies such as "that's weird, every *skimmer you're thinking about* I've owned has worked flawlessly. I found searching for a skimmer's faults to be more productive than looking up a skimmer's praise.

That being said, my personal suggestions for skimmers for a 125 are either reef octopus, the curve series, or any skimmer by deltec :)

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks for the replies I will definitely look into the reef octopus

Reef Octopus has several levels (classic, regal, and elite) and several sizes depending on the size of your tank as well as options where the pump is in the body of the skimmer (space saving models usually marked with an "s" or "sss") or the pump is outside of the body of the skimmer. Depending on the specifics of what you are looking for there is a good chance that Reef Octopus has a skimmer that will meet your application - good luck!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back