Skinny Yellow Tang

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Wow, he is Thin. Although you have an adequate diet, try also. . . . .
Mysis shrimp
Plankton
Formula 2 flake and frozen
Nori basted with Garlic

Add vitamin such as selcon to your foods

Also I wonder if it has internal parasites why it is rejecting/spitting out foods. Add Prazi Pro which is safe to eliminate that possibility

Niteowl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
46 gallon bow...
Ok. I know this may not help the situation much. About 3 or so years ago i got a YT from my LFS to put in my 58 gal. After a week of the fish hiding in caves and not eating well I moved him to my 150 gal. Within a hour it was like a whole different fish. Picking on rocks , eating from the nori clip, swimming with the other tangs. My lesson learned. Now it fat and happy. Unfortunately you may be witnessing what happens tangs get stressed in smaller tanks. Sorry to be the one to bring it up.

OP
OP
datahog

datahog

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all the help,all i can say is we tried,he is more on his side than ever ,think its a matter of time now...
What i have learned from this is to be extra careful and make sure fish eat before buying them...also be careful when recommended fish,even from the LFS,as some of there theories, as to trade them in when they get bigger are just bad advise.
I must say everyone that responded, was great and polite,and i am truly thankful to all.

Niteowl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We all learn. Heck I’ve been doing this for 28 yrs now and still learn. Biggest is research. You are in the right place. Best or luck to you.

Cwentz758

Do you even Reef bro?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya, I’ve kept tangs in 29g tank no issue (I was new). But they were also the only one in there. I would think maybe this one just hates captivity or like other have said is just internally sick. Every yellow tank I’ve ever had was extremely hardy.

RIP

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spironucleus is a internal parasite (a flagellate) thats during normal conditions is a part of the digestive microbial fauna but during some conditions convert to be a pathogen. . Metronidazole or its derivatives have shown effects in both fresh and salt water. These drugs are effective in water - does not need to be eaten.

According to other internal parasites like worms - the fish will lose weight and looks like your fish but affected fish use to eat a lot.

Sincerely Lasse

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back