Skunk Shrimp vs MP40. Guess Who Won.

AKL1950

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got the little guy two days ago. He looked real happy hanging out with the other two I have. Guess he had never seen a powerhead before. Thought he would go over and check it out. Whoops! Diced tomato comes to mind. I suppose even life in a nice aquarium can be hazardous. The other shrimp were more than happy to clean up the mess. I’m just wondering if they talked him into trying to stand on it.

Definitely part of having an aquarium you don’t like to see. But, when you enjoy watching the beauty of life, you also have to accept the reality of death. It kind a all goes together.

Jetson

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At times like this I always console myself that my fish and coral also deserve an expensive meal and figure that they enjoy it the same way my wife does.
Whats Up Eating GIF by NOSAM

OP
OP
AKL1950

AKL1950

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, he was toast. He was still partially stuck in the expeller housing When I saw him. I first thought it was a shed, but it was him. I turned the pump off and pulled it out. Soon as I did, one of the other shrimp grabbed it and started eating. I guess there was something eatable on the bottom of the tank just below the power head. He just got too close. Really surprised he was over there. They usually stay on the rocks unless I’m feeding. Could be he went over there while the pumps were in idle feeding mode and they came back on and caught him by surprise. Sad, but life goes on. The other shrimp put him back in the food chain.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 33 34.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 20.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 9.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 6.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 26 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back