Sleeping Clown

FifthOne

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

New here and to the hobby. Recently set up my first tank and put in my first clownfish. The morning after, I woke up and almost had a heart attack. My clown was laying in the front left corner of the tank practically dug into the sand. I thought I killed the fish after just one day. Upon closer inspection and turning on the room lights, it seems it was just sleeping since he “woke up” after a minute or so. Every morning since, I wake up to find it in the same spot.

Anyone else have this happen and get nervous or just me? Lol

Is this a sign that eventually when I add an anemone the clown will host (since it seems its looking to nestle in somewhere) or do clowns who don't host anemone still pick their favorite spot and sleep there?

DaneGer21

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clowns are weird. Mine sleep/lay on a huge dinner plate sized chalice. I’ve been asked many times over the years what’s wrong with them, “before lights on”.

workhz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine go into a corner and play dead whenever they feel like it. Not sure if the wild ones behave the same way but I swear all this breeding and cross breeding and inbreeding has made them all loopy.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 105 86.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back