Slightly new to SW....advice on a 24 gal new SW tank

907_Reefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!

Yes Dr. Tim has you test for Nitrite and Nitrate also, and adding more ammonia on schedule. We just finished his cycle and watched a few YouTube videos that the Dr. created as well, an additional tip he gave was to raise the temp to help the bacteria.

You may want to turn lights off if you are running them? The schedule has you turn off lights and filtration for the first 48 hours at least also.

For reference on the Dr. Tim's One and Only schedule:

OP
OP
C_LYNN1827

C_LYNN1827

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!

Yes Dr. Tim has you test for Nitrite and Nitrate also, and adding more ammonia on schedule. We just finished his cycle and watched a few YouTube videos that the Dr. created as well, an additional tip he gave was to raise the temp to help the bacteria.

You may want to turn lights off if you are running them? The schedule has you turn off lights and filtration for the first 48 hours at least also.

For reference on the Dr. Tim's One and Only schedule:

I do have my lights and filtration off right now, thank you for the link that is very helpful as well!

Schraufabagel

aka Schrauf_den
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Illustration Reaction GIF by Kochstrasse™ .agency

bnord

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I defintely do that once i get home. thanks for the advice :)
one of this sites' contribution to the hobby could be to establish working definition on what live rock is - rocks from some bodies tank vs cured rock from a tub with MB7 vs a chunk from a licensed Gulf or Key's supplier - and everything in-between - I would be happy to be involved in that project

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 129 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back