Slim t5 lighting option for rimless tank????

irish02bk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have and Elos 70 setup with a radion G3 lighting it. I'm not loving the colors on it so thinking about adding 1 or 2 t5's to get some of the color back. However i want to keep the slim sleek looking. Are there any options for a rimless tank out there? I'm not the best at DIY so looking for something that is close to plug and play.

mcarroll

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious, are you growing corals and you're unhappy with their colors, or are you unhappy with the actual color of the light from the Radions?

Coral colors depend on a lot more than light (flow, alkalinity, nutrients, consistency) is why I ask. :)

(Sorry, I can't help with the T5's.....I just suspect there's a better answer.)

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understand your issues with the G3 radion. [emoji3] There is no drop in simple way to add T5's You will need to make a structure to hold the radion and T5 retro kit together.
You might be best look at replacing the the radion with a ATI T5 fixture or a giesemann T5

gus6464

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There will be nothing you can do plug and play wise if you are not good at DIY. Your better option is ditching the radions and starting anew with a hybrid unit. Too bad you are too late for the Aurora sale but you still have options. Another and better option is a nanobox ati retro. You can do an 8 bulb ATI Sunpower sent to Dave at nanobox for a 4 puck retrofit. Something like this:

T5
T5
2 LED pucks
T5
T5
2 LED pucks
T5
T5

Dave can also paint the sunpower to whatever color you want as well to match your tank.

OP
OP
irish02bk

irish02bk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There will be nothing you can do plug and play wise if you are not good at DIY. Your better option is ditching the radions and starting anew with a hybrid unit. Too bad you are too late for the Aurora sale but you still have options. Another and better option is a nanobox ati retro. You can do an 8 bulb ATI Sunpower sent to Dave at nanobox for a 4 puck retrofit. Something like this:

T5
T5
2 LED pucks
T5
T5
2 LED pucks
T5
T5

Dave can also paint the sunpower to whatever color you want as well to match your tank.
What was the aurora sale? maybe i'll hold out for one in the future?

can the nanobox be controlled with the apex or do i need a separate controller, right now i have the radio controlled with my vortechs using the reeflink

Zoaeasy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

T5
T5
2 LED pucks
T5
T5
2 LED pucks
T5
T5

Could you give me some info , contact etc re this . I am buying an 8 bulb ATI 24" for a 69 cube. Thanks

Bjreef562

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What was the aurora sale? maybe i'll hold out for one in the future?

can the nanobox be controlled with the apex or do i need a separate controller, right now i have the radio controlled with my vortechs using the reeflink

Bulkreefsupply had a 25% off for Black Friday through cyber Monday for the Giesemann Aurora fixture.

Zoaeasy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I contacted Dave and it looks like a 24" 8 bulb unit with two led units, fully controllable upgrade will cost about $300 less than the ATI hybrid. You loose two bulbs . I'm sure this void the warranty however. Pretty sure I'm going to go with this.

Last edited:

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 31 17.5%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 16.9%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.1%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 42.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back