Small Bubbles all over Rocks/Frags

kron

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing has changed in my tank for the past few months really.. Couple new corals, no new fish but not I have tons of small bubbles all over the top half of my tank. There isn't algae growing on the sections that have the bubbles but the lower half of the tank is clean.

Time to replace my bulbs?

fsu1dolfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First thing that came to mind is flow. What kind of flow do you have? Do you think it might be a dead spot?
I dont think old bulbs would create bubbles...usually old bulbs are blamed for algae.

OP
OP
kron

kron

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As for flow I have two k4 on either side of my 92g bowfront corner. though where the bubbles are forming I do notice some thin red algee which I had mistaken for coraline before. When I blow it off it all looks like hair stuff. New bulb time it seems..

butts182

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is the skimmer blowing out bubbles or is the return pump blowing bubbles? red slime is bad stuff...try to get rid of the dead spots and find the bubble source

OP
OP
kron

kron

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As for the flow I have pointed the two powerheads towards the center rock section. The bubbles do only present themselves after the main light is on all day, actinics produce less. The return produces zero bubbles, skimmer in the sump and it's good..

For food, small pellets for the clowns in the evening and seaweed for the powder brown tang. Instead of the seaweed my LFS caries I've been using Roasted Seaweed (yak nori). Maybe the cheap alternative seaweed s causing?

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 9.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 45 34.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 41 31.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 23.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back