Small white patches on fins.....

Swoody

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First pic is tail yesterday soon after placing in qt. 2nd pic is tail today... not frayed but definite white edge patch... small one on pectoral fin as well. I haven't treated with anything yet as I wanted the Angel to get to eating well. There is also a Borbonius Anthia in as well and he has no marks and is eating like a pig.... they don't even notice each other in tank so aggression is out... I have the full gamut of meds on hand just need a little guidance.

Snapseed.jpg

Snapseed.jpg

OP
OP
Swoody

Swoody

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll get a better pic. In the pics is not it though. The fin itself is whitened and still transparent like the rest of tail... better pics as soon as he allows!

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree... that resembles lympho but is too blurry to be sure.

OP
OP
Swoody

Swoody

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well no need for further pics. Found dead on tank bottom this morning. I am beside myself over this as this is the 2nd Majestic I've lost in as many weeks. The first had some bad signs straight out of bag such as cloudy eye and tail fin quite frayed.... still I blamed myself and think maybe my ammonia went up etc... Neither fish showed any interest in eating although the latest was nipping at red Nori right away which I thought was great. Tank is SG 1.020, 77 degrees, ammonia 0, nitrite 0, nitrate ~5. Tested immediately after finding him. Both purchased from same place. Maybe it's just not meant to be! So far the Borbonius Anthia purchased same time is doing great...eating well etc.... I'm gonna give him a couple days and then do Prazipro and then coppersafe treatments before adding to DT.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 90 87.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back