Small white worm looking things

SaltyDadDog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so I have just noticed that my scoly and small mushroom has these little small white worm looking things on them. Any idea what they could be? When I google it, all that comes up is worms on glass or that’s it’s the corals intestine. Anyone got any advice? I’ll try and get better pictures if I can. Also, ignore the aptasia lol. I have an infestation in this tank.

381B8E81-A970-4987-9C82-E2C2371549B3.jpeg 275F375C-D31A-40E0-A972-11D90DB636E3.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Those are aptasia anemone and a huge pest. Appears to be few (for now)
Using a syringe, inject either lemon juice or better yet. . Kalkwasser powder into a paste the consistency of toothpaste and inject into the center core of each anemone and they will melt right in front of you.

OP
OP
SaltyDadDog

SaltyDadDog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are aptasia anemone and a huge pest. Appears to be few (for now)
Using a syringe, inject either lemon juice or better yet. . Kalkwasser powder into a paste the consistency of toothpaste and inject into the center core of each anemone and they will melt right in front of you.
Yeah I know I have a ton of them. I’m not worried about them as I’m about to move corals over and empty this tank in the future. I’m more worried about the white stringing looking things on the two coral. It’s really hard to see in the pictures though. I need a better camera.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Yeah I know I have a ton of them. I’m not worried about them as I’m about to move corals over and empty this tank in the future. I’m more worried about the white stringing looking things on the two coral. It’s really hard to see in the pictures though. I need a better camera.
White stringy things are filaments . You can pull the frag out and in a container with tank water , scrape them off with the end of a paring knife and return frag to tank

ChiCity

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
no worries, yeah it’s a stress response,
other times it’s an attack on nearby corals…

your issue seems to be the former vs the latter

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 69 37.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 62 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.6%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back