Smaller Yellow Tang with Larger Purple Tang

Andrew Stevens

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello there,

Wanted to get some thoughts on the following. I have a 130 Gallon tank that I would like to stock with a yellow and purple tang.

The issue: I only want a captive bred yellow tang and they are 1-1.5" (small) while medium are 2". Purple Tangs are about 4".

Would you place a smaller yellow tang and larger purple tang in a 20 gallon tank to quarantine together? If so, how would you handle it (divider etc...)

Thank you,

Andrew

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hello there,

Wanted to get some thoughts on the following. I have a 130 Gallon tank that I would like to stock with a yellow and purple tang.

The issue: I only want a captive bred yellow tang and they are 1-1.5" (small) while medium are 2". Purple Tangs are about 4".

Would you place a smaller yellow tang and larger purple tang in a 20 gallon tank to quarantine together? If so, how would you handle it (divider etc...)

Thank you,

Andrew
From experience, I would Not unless you have an acclimation box to isolate the purple for a couple of weeks.
Sohal, clown, purple and powder blue are the worse for new introductions

OP
OP
A

Andrew Stevens

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would it be better to quarantine the yellow tang first and add him to the display. Then quarantine the purple tang after and add him to the display via an acclimatization box?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 32.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 24.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back