Smasher and spearer in the same mantis?!?

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there anyone here that has kept a peacock and recovered the molt? Did it have the same spear like dactyl?

The first molt I recovered I let dry with the spear closed up as I didn’t know it was there. Once the molt dried there was no way to open it as it solidified into place when it dried out. At one point when I was looking ad the dried molt I thought it looked like it opened further but didn’t want to break it trying to pry it open. This time while the molt was still wet BINGO. Sure enough.

I kept several years ago.

The smasher have spears too.. in fact it is in the photo, it is just that the right one is closed.

When hand feeding a mantis, even a smasher, it is the spears that are dangerous due to infection if they get you...

OP
OP
JasonK84

JasonK84

I want more!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I kept several years ago.

The smasher have spears too.. in fact it is in the photo, it is just that the right one is closed.

When hand feeding a mantis, even a smasher, it is the spears that are dangerous due to infection if they get you...
Can you tell me why hand feeding would even be a thing? I have tongs and I know how to use them.

OP
OP
JasonK84

JasonK84

I want more!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And with that a name for my mantis!
Welcome Terry Dactyl!
I’ve had some time to rethink the name. I think a better fit is...

TERROR DACTYL

especially after that YouTube video! YIKES!
Any body else got some witty names?

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And with that a name for my mantis!
Welcome Terry Dactyl!
giphy.gif

Back