OP
Smite

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wowzers, walked by the tank when it was all blue and had to take a picture. This is through an orange lens, so saturated but this thing really glows under the Quanta OG Pops.
CC Bahama Mama-2.jpg

OP
OP
Smite

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up this little chunker from a local fish store. I've been told they eat the red planaria flatworms I have in my tank. They really don't seem to bother anything, but it's annoying to see them in every macro shot. First glance at that flatworm shape always causes a spike in heart rate for acropora keepers :D. So far no one has paid any attention to the fellow and he's holding on well even in the crazy flow. Good hunting buddy!
5AD09D40-4B8F-461D-9E72-A33C847759D1.jpeg

I also added 10 more green blue chromis; man the tank is just alive right now. The added motion just looks great.

I've swapped my two 6500 tropic lamps for Coral Plus lamps. It looks pretty good. It was about time to start swapping out lamps on my power module and with some pieces looking off I started to wonder if I have a spectrum imbalance somehow? I plan to swap my 2x 14k aquaspecials with C+ next week. That will put me at 4/C+;4/B+;2TrueActinics. The overall look is slightly bluer than before. The C+ lamps actually bring out great colors in the fish which was my goal with the 65k Tropics so that's very nice to see.

asydabass

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for checking it out, Don. It's been slowly gaining speed so hopefully it'll get more interesting here soon.

We have a local Coral Farmers Market coming up on Saturday that I'm hoping to make it to and also hoping to find some nice millepora/smooth skins. Fingers crossed I'll find one on my list. I'll have to add that BC 3 oranges to the list, thing looks really nice. How is it in person, pretty close to the BC images?
My BC 3 Oranges nub has started to color up a bit (still fighting ultra low nutrients), finally getting some orange.
The photo doesn’t capture it well and it does glow a bit under pm blues. Here’s a daytime pic. I can see how a large healthy colony would look pretty similar to what’s on the battlecorals website.
D0F8AD40-CF4B-41B4-BA3D-4FC2FF739B16.jpeg

OP
OP
Smite

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Holy Jebus!
That's what I thought too! I had only seen pictures of it online and expected it to be anywhere from purple to a reddish color but this thing is very bright. Those polyps are crazy in person. I'm not getting much extension, I'm tempted to move it into a lower light area.

OP
OP
Smite

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That australian millepora maricultured piece is settling in quicker than I expected. So far it does look like it'll turn out a nice lavender coloration with yellow/greenish tips. I see hints of other colors showing up around the edges too. Maybe it really will be a rainbow type piece. I swear it's growing now too. I'll have to get a few top down so I can reference it later on.
A few different segments of it shot through my macro lens. All t5 on and Quanta OG pops bars.
AussieMilli.jpg
AussieMilli2.jpg

Bottom left of this last photo shows the other colors I'm seeing hints of here and there. Overall a little less brown and little more PE.
AussieMilli3.jpg

OP
OP
Smite

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That SPS Coral Store Heliarc Millepora. This is the other frag from Money Pit Corals, who I got the Bahama Mama from. It's towards the back, in less light which kinda confirms I should probably move the other lower as well.
T5 + OG POP (directly under the blue bar, so more blue that the rest of the pictures)
Heliarc.jpg

OP
OP
Smite

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Regaining some of the color it had at the shop. It likes the new spot. Dang shaky hands!
Speciosa-2.jpg

Insanity gaining some color (possibly just the new spectrum showing more color during day)
Vivids Insanity-2.jpg

AOA Granulosa - super photogenic. I wonder if my flow pattern is too dominant one way. This piece and my TGC have an odd color and shape both on the same left side. That dark purple goes up that side, no real polyps or nubs over there.

AOA Granulosa-3.jpg

I think this is going to be a piece that will handle any PAR I can throw at it. Very top and got some good polyp extension. Was gold in the LFS, now lime green. Still very bright and pretty cool looking.
NewSunmilli.jpg

This ones gonna be different than all my other pieces I think. Looking forward to it getting a little more color but I do like what I'm seeing so far. It was pink tips on a purple base under all blues at the LFS. Hopefully it'll look somewhat like that in a few months.
NewSmoothSkinT.jpg

OP
OP
Smite

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My BC 3 Oranges nub has started to color up a bit (still fighting ultra low nutrients), finally getting some orange.
The photo doesn’t capture it well and it does glow a bit under pm blues. Here’s a daytime pic. I can see how a large healthy colony would look pretty similar to what’s on the battlecorals website.
D0F8AD40-CF4B-41B4-BA3D-4FC2FF739B16.jpeg
Not sure how I missed this, that's looking awesome! For sure going to be a stunner as a colony.

OP
OP
Smite

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been looking at this piece for a month but held off to read up on feather type hitch hikers. Turns out it was a barnacle and probably nothing to worry about. I went in to grab this today and the tank had broken out in Dinos/brown algae. It's in a small nano they keep. Looks stressed/pale I think due to a nutrient stripping but hopefully I can salvage it. It's mounted all the way at the bottom glass in a high flow spot. I'll probably get my answer pretty quick haha.

Looks good under blues. Under their daylight LEDs, I believe AI prime HD it was turquoise base with yellow tips.
Speciosa2.jpg

chipchipbro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
brother, your tank looks amazing! really its a pleasure to see this scape with the nice selection of acros!

Wheres the new bahama mama located?

OP
OP
Smite

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
brother, your tank looks amazing! really its a pleasure to see this scape with the nice selection of acros!

Wheres the new bahama mama located?
Thanks bud! It’s located on the tip top of the left structure. If you enlarge the picture you can see the white JB water weld mound it is on.

chipchipbro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks bud! It’s located on the tip top of the left structure. If you enlarge the picture you can see the white JB water weld mound it is on.
gotcha man!
btw. whats that nice colony just below your tomini tang? looks like a nice color

OP
OP
Smite

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
gotcha man!
btw. whats that nice colony just below your tomini tang? looks like a nice color
That's JF Flame. It was at the top of the tank in the back but the color is off from what it was in my last system. It was pink with yellow tips, now its that different muted maroon color. I'm wondering if lower PAR will help get it back in shape? I felt like I saw a few color coralites under blues last night. The polyps are out, so I think it's healthy. Could still just be recovering from my metal issues earlier in the year.
Here is the same piece in my last tank before transfer. It's even grown, just strange coloration.
fox flame.jpg

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back