<--- Smyrna area: can make RO/DI water if in a bind.

snowhite

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If anyone in Smyrna area gets in a bind for RO/DI water, I'd be more than happy to take your containers and fill them up. I'm not keeping much RO on hand, but I can make it, so not a drive through RO Outlet, but a solution if needed.

John Genmel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
man i could use 10-15 gallons if available just let me know how. much

OP
OP
snowhite

snowhite

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for coming by John, and glad I could help you out. Sorry I couldn't invite you in and do a tour of our tanks... because... paranoia sucks.

jaxteller007

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could assist and make RO/DI as well in the Antioch/LaVergne area, if I had the expertise to actually hook up my RO/DI system lol. I'd look for help here in hooking it up but that's probably not a welcome idea with the CV19 stuff going on. Unless someone wants to get paid to do it on their own without me or the wife being near them haha.

OP
OP
snowhite

snowhite

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's really very little to hooking them up... Faucet or Hose hooks up to Red. Blue coming out is RO/DI to Jug or Container of some kind. Black is wastewater. The small hoses just simply push into the connectors. You disconnect them by pushing back on the outer plastic ring and the small hose can be removed.

Mines mounted to garage wall and I collect into two Rubbermaid 20 gallon Slim Jim garbage cans and alternate between one being RO/DI and Mixed Saltwater. I built a 20'ish inch tall stand using 2x4buddies and a chunk of plywood for a top and "for now" just siphon RO or Saltwater out of them as needed into my 5 gallon jugs. I had planned to put spigots at the bottom of them, but as things are currently crazy I'm making due and trying to stay out of Lowes/HomeDepot.

Doesn't have to be as slick and sexy and many people show off here. Just needs to make RO water into something that you can use or mix saltwater in.

My motto is always functional first, then adapt as needed. Same goes for my tanks and sumps.

Last edited:

jaxteller007

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's really very little to hooking them up... Faucet or Hose hooks up to Red. Blue coming out is RO/DI to Jug or Container of some kind. Black is wastewater. The small hoses just simply push into the connectors. You disconnect them by pushing back on the outer plastic ring and the small hose can be removed.

Mines mounted to garage wall and I collect into two Rubbermaid 20 gallon Slim Jim garbage cans and alternate between one being RO/DI and Mixed Saltwater. I built a 20'ish inch tall stand using 2x4buddies and a chunk of plywood for a top and "for now" just siphon RO or Saltwater out of them as needed into my 5 gallon jugs. I had planned to put spigots at the bottom of them, but as things are currently crazy I'm making due and trying to stay out of Lowes/HomeDepot.

Doesn't have to be as slick and sexy and many people show off here. Just needs to make RO water into something that you can use or mix saltwater in.

My motto is always functional first, then adapt as needed. Same goes for my tanks and sumps.

Yea ours will have to be in the garage as we are renting right now and where our tank is, there's no way to hook it up inside. I'm just not sure how I'd hook it up to the water heater in the garage. Is that how you did it?

OP
OP
snowhite

snowhite

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope. Cold water produces RO/DI faster. I just run the garden hose into the garage and connect it when I need RO water, which is tonight since wife used 20 gallons of saltwater to startup her own quarentine'ish tank.

Our house is on a concrete slab so easy routing of water lines under the house isn't possible and I dont want to run them through attic/walls which could have possible freezing issues.

jaxteller007

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope. Cold water produces RO/DI faster. I just run the garden hose into the garage and connect it when I need RO water, which is tonight since wife used 20 gallons of saltwater to startup her own quarentine'ish tank.

Our house is on a concrete slab so easy routing of water lines under the house isn't possible and I dont want to run them through attic/walls which could have possible freezing issues.

I never thought about that! Can you take a pic or something of how the house hooks to the unit? I haven't seen that before.

OP
OP
snowhite

snowhite

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Allows incoming RO Tubing line to connect to a basic garden hose.

Screen Shot 2020-04-03 at 11.07.17 AM.jpg

jaxteller007

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
**** I think I have one of those. So the unit only runs when you hook the hose up? I think I can do that haha

OP
OP
snowhite

snowhite

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup. The water pressure runs the unit. As long as you connect the Red, Blue, Black hoses to right parts in right order it's essentially "tap water in one end, RO water out other end" and you collect into whatever you need. I purchased a 20' chunk of black RO hose and have it putting it's waste water into a flowerbed.

jaxteller007

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup. The water pressure runs the unit. As long as you connect the Red, Blue, Black hoses to right parts in right order it's essentially "tap water in one end, RO water out other end" and you collect into whatever you need. I purchased a 20' chunk of black RO hose and have it putting it's waste water into a flowerbed.

So it looks like the hose connector I have is missing the center part. Gonna have to order a new one.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 14 31.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 11 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.3%
Back