Snail? Maybe? Crawling on back glass.

bzb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Threw on a glove and extracted this from my DT. It's about an inch long, has antenna, but also looks like some tentacles on its back. It's entirely beige/white, but has a small shell (or something hard on its back).

It was eating like a regular turbo snail - that "munch munch" action with its mouth. When I pulled him out of the tank into the specimen container, it wouldn't let go of my finger!

I'll take "weird crap that I didn't buy" for $500, Alex.

IMG_4657.jpeg

IMG_4658.jpeg

IMG_4655.jpeg

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! Back in the tank he goes! So crazy it just appeared today, obviously been growing in my tank for a while, since all I have is frags and started with dead rock...
I had one show up out of nowhere. It went into hiding for a few weeks then showed itself again and it had tripled in size. They do grow fast and have super appetites.

eschaton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had one show up out of nowhere. It went into hiding for a few weeks then showed itself again and it had tripled in size. They do grow fast and have super appetites.

They're also very prolific breeders in captivity, as long as you don't have a fish that likes to eat them. Considering they are harmless algae eaters, this is a score, as they'll expand in population until they keep the algae in check.

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They're also very prolific breeders in captivity, as long as you don't have a fish that likes to eat them. Considering they are harmless algae eaters, this is a score, as they'll expand in population until they keep the algae in check.
I recall mine blowing what looked like smoke out of its mouth during a spawning session. I was thinking I’d see an army of them but it never came to fruition.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 37 34.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 30 27.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back