Snail poop and snail poop and MOAR snail poop!

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
additionally, I would recommend putting in a bit of reef frenzy nano. Snails naturally consume some meat and scraps just due to it being present on algae, and its good for them. If you have nass they also need some scraps

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ill Take It Spider-Man GIF

I planned on getting some of those on my next trip to the LFS to QT for my biocube :)
I would also recommend checking out reefcleaners. You will enter the snail rabbit hole, and before you know it you will have more species of snails than grains of sand in your tank lol.

Pkunk35

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should see my snail breeding tank on cleaning day…
1653575974083.gif

That said, you’ll want to double down on detritivores that will consume the poop, try looking into scavengers such as hermit crabs or possible nassarius. Some species will be more effective than others. My pistol shrimp kept the sandbed in my evo spotless.
I kinda want to see a snail tank on breeding day…

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tiger conch seems like it might be a good option. Plus I love those little beady eyes
additionally, I would recommend putting in a bit of reef frenzy nano. Snails naturally consume some meat and scraps just due to it being present on algae, and its good for them. If you have nass they also need some scraps
Yep, Ive been doing that ;). Thanks!

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tiger conch seems like it might be a good option. Plus I love those little beady eyes

Yep, Ive been doing that ;). Thanks!
too big IMO.

ask for the smallest species they offer in the order notes.

Ive got one in my 15 gallon from this and hes doing great. Stares into the depths of my soul daily.

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I ran home to check on something unrelated and busted out the Turkey Baster. Here are two separate videos. I still think poop. I tried touch the “poop” with the end of the Turkey baster a couple times and it didn’t move. So to me if it was a worm, it would respond. Plus just the sheer amount, make me skeptical that it’s worms. I also think it breaks up when you blow on it hard enough. Check ‘em out and let me know if you agree.

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need to buy the longest centipede, erm, I meant bristle worm possible. Let them reproduce to the point that you’ll find them squirming all over your filters. Then maybe you’ll find a 10% reduction in snail poop.

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need to buy the longest centipede, erm, I meant bristle worm possible. Let them reproduce to the point that you’ll find them squirming all over your filters. Then maybe you’ll find a 10% reduction in snail poop.
Even though I know you were messing with me.... it still made my spine shiver.

Youre Good Robert Deniro GIF

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you need some type of bacteria. Other poop eating inverts would poop too. The nassarius snails are carnivorous, i am not sure they will eat the poop, they will just hide it.
Definitely! im looking for any poop eating invert suggestions that aren't a bristle worm. If I must ,I must. But I would rather not ;)

Last edited:

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 47.5%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 42 52.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 16 20.0%
  • None.

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.0%
Back