Snails and corals by post

dexterie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello reefers

For health reasons I’m currently unable to drive to a LFS.

I want to buy some snails from a few kms away and have them delivered by post. They have this service.
How safe is it? Any specific or special needs for when I acclimate them? Too Ricky?

Same for corals?

Thank you

Dr. Reef

www.drreefsquarantinedfish.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Inverts don't handle shipping well. When you do get them. Temp acclimate them and slow drip acclimate them.
Corals I generally just temp acclimate and dip in revive and into my tank. Once placed low I let the lights off first day and then using acclimation mode on led bring them to PAR over several weeks.

OP
OP
D

dexterie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Inverts don't handle shipping well. When you do get them. Temp acclimate them and slow drip acclimate them.
Corals I generally just temp acclimate and dip in revive and into my tank. Once placed low I let the lights off first day and then using acclimation mode on led bring them to PAR over several weeks.

Thank you for the hint.
The transport should take less than 24 hours, hope this helps...

Let’s see how this goes...

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had great success in the states buying snails, hermits, etc without issue. If you buy from a reputable online seller, you should not have any issue. If they have an arrive alive policy, then you are covered.

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got them yesterday and they seem to be fine. Acclimated then very slowly.

Hope they’ll do well.

Just shows you @dexterie that sometimes you just have to do what you want to do and see the outcome. Everything thing is this hobby is that way. If someone has a bad experience with something, doesn't mean that you will as well. There are so many variables associated to everything that no two instances may always produce the same results. Happy reefing.

Back