SNEAK PEEK: Diver's Den WYSIWYG Store Update - September 5, 2019

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Which was your favorite of today?

• Australian Gold Torch Coral (2 heads/branches)

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Biota Captive-Raised Cuban Basslet (Gramma dejongi)

Votes: 20 76.9%
  • Japanese Bigmouth Shrimp Goby with Shrimp (Myersina macrostoma w/ Alpheus sp.)

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters

LiveAquaria

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LiveAquaria Diver's Den WYSIWYG Store Update
Check out today's featured WYSIWYG aquatic life from our Diver's Den WYSIWYG Store

Coral
Marine Fish
Marine Fish
lg-090519-215.jpg
lg-0905191-315.jpg
lg-0905191-061s.jpg
Australian Gold Torch Coral (2 heads/branches)​
Biota Captive-Bred Cuban Basslet
(Gramma dejongi) 1-3/4"​
SOLD! Japanese Bigmouth Shrimp Goby with Shrimp (Myersina macrostoma w/ Alpheus sp.) 2-1/2" with 1-3/4" shrimp​

Last edited:
U

User1

View Badges
Probably expensive. Isn't that the one that couldn't be imported previously? So first will be $$$ but hopefully down the road as more and more are raised they will become normal for the rest of us.

Edit: to LA - not knocking you. Sorry if it sounded that way, not what I meant. Just that it is a rare fish if it is the one I was thinking of and only recently being raised.

OP
OP
LiveAquaria

LiveAquaria

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably expensive. Isn't that the one that couldn't be imported previously? So first will be $$$ but hopefully down the road as more and more are raised they will become normal for the rest of us.

Edit: to LA - not knocking you. Sorry if it sounded that way, not what I meant. Just that it is a rare fish if it is the one I was thinking of and only recently being raised.
All good! Keep an eye out for the 5pm CST update!

AZ Hobo Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm over here waiting and hoping some of the designer clowns from ORA get on the site before the sale ends Sunday.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im wondering if the gold torch will be a reasonable price, or one of those super expensive ones!

U

User1

View Badges
Update:
Price for Cuban Basslet: $2,999.99 USD
Best looking fish there is the Hybrid Powder Blue Tang!

There is no doubt that the Cuban Basslet is a pretty fish. Packs a lot of color in a small form factor. And yeah - didn't last long. I hope the fish can continue to be captive bred/raised and the process improved so the price can come down. It may never be in a range I'd pay but maybe more affordable than that.

Again - no disrespect LA. My last purchase from you guys earlier in the year a minor Scopus and Lavender tang are doing exceptionally well. Always arrive alive, early morning, and take to my systems with zero trouble. I only had one purple tang that while arrived alive didn't make it 24 hours which you quickly took care of.

I just have two in college (one getting a bachelors and the other her Masters) so I do not have that sort of income to throw around. Maybe had I planned better, right? Anyway great looking fish and thank you for sharing it. Super pretty.

lactose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just have two in college (one getting a bachelors and the other her Masters) so I do not have that sort of income to throw around. Maybe had I planned better, right? Anyway great looking fish and thank you for sharing it. Super pretty.

We need something like a 529/401k but where money can grow tax free for reef tanks and reef tank related expenses instead of education/retirement :)

Aquarist76

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an update, when the male Feminus wrasse arrived it had a white spot on it's left pectoral fin. It never really spread and I'm still not sure exactly what it was. After trying various treatments it seems to be gone and wrasse is doing fine and looking great. Still in QT so not the best lighting but still a beauty. Hybrid PBT doing well as well.

DSC02288.JPG
DSC02289.JPG
DSC02293.JPG
DSC02300.JPG

OP
OP
LiveAquaria

LiveAquaria

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an update, when the male Feminus wrasse arrived it had a white spot on it's left pectoral fin. It never really spread and I'm still not sure exactly what it was. After trying various treatments it seems to be gone and wrasse is doing fine and looking great. Still in QT so not the best lighting but still a beauty. Hybrid PBT doing well as well.

DSC02288.JPG
DSC02289.JPG
DSC02293.JPG
DSC02300.JPG
Surprised to hear that! Anytime we get Femininus in they get an extended QT to be sure they are conditioned and eating well before we even think about offering them for sale. Thank you for the update and your business! He is a gorgeous fish and will make a great focal point in your display.

Aquarist76

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Surprised to hear that! Anytime we get Femininus in they get an extended QT to be sure they are conditioned and eating well before we even think about offering them for sale. Thank you for the update and your business! He is a gorgeous fish and will make a great focal point in your display.

Yeah, he never acted sick. It was only a 2-3mm white fluffy lesion on the one fin. I figured it was lymphocystis triggered by shipping stress. You're customer service guys thought it might be fungal. Either way it's gone and he's been eating great the whole time. So happy with him. Can't wait for him to meet my female Lenardi Wrasse.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 43.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 21.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 31 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back