SnookNRedZ Mr. Aqua 17 (Shut Down)

SnookNRedZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

That's how she sits until I can come back home and work on her. The sump is a 20 gallon long DIY, and I don't have any photos of it at the moment.

My plan on this is a zoa dominated reef with a few sps pieces thrown in. For fish I'm probably going to limit it to a pair of clowns and a goby/pistol shrimp pair. This whole journey is dormant until work comes back to Florida and I begin getting it together, hopefully before Christmas!

OP
OP
SnookNRedZ

SnookNRedZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Equipment I have ready to be installed:
-Radion Gen. 2 Lighting
-Mp10
-Sicce 1.5 return pump
-Bubble Magus Curve 5 skimmer
-Apex Controller
-jbj ato (will probably be switching to an optical unit here before its set up.)

Equipment still needed.
-rodi unit
-pvc for plumbing

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome, sounds like a good plan, very nice 75 gal. Looking forward to seeing your new one emerge :)

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looking good!

OP
OP
SnookNRedZ

SnookNRedZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome, sounds like a good plan, very nice 75 gal. Looking forward to seeing your new one emerge :)
Thanks for the kind words Chris! I miss that tank sometimes, but the knowledge gained will transfer into this new endevour!

Looking good!
Gracias amigo!

Love it. I've had an ADA 60P before and am in the process of setting up a shallow 22g Aquamaxx tank.
Thanks a ton Tried! I'll have to check it out if and see if you've got a build thread for it.

OP
OP
SnookNRedZ

SnookNRedZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it's been a little while since an update, but the tank is still in the works. I just placed an order to BRS tonight that will have a box full of goodies for the tank, like an Osmolator, a new wet side for the Mp10, Ph probe for the Apex, rodi, basically the fun stuff lol. Oh and while I wait for that. I plan on building a stand for the tank. Nothing too fancy, but I plan to incorporate the 2 back legs of the stand, as a mounting point for the radions by extending them up past the surface the tank rests on, in a headboard type design I have in my brain. I'll have pics and all that jazz as it gets underway.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well it's been a little while since an update, but the tank is still in the works. I just placed an order to BRS tonight that will have a box full of goodies for the tank, like an Osmolator, a new wet side for the Mp10, Ph probe for the Apex, rodi, basically the fun stuff lol. Oh and while I wait for that. I plan on building a stand for the tank. Nothing too fancy, but I plan to incorporate the 2 back legs of the stand, as a mounting point for the radions by extending them up past the surface the tank rests on, in a headboard type design I have in my brain. I'll have pics and all that jazz as it gets underway.
Nice! Be sure and update us as those toys come in!

OP
OP
SnookNRedZ

SnookNRedZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I spent the majority of the day today getting everything in order to be installed. Made a trip to HD for ply wood for the bottom and top of the stand as well as the 2x6 for the light mount. I had pretty much everything else already bought and/or accounted for.

I started the day with cutting the plywood the sump sits on, improved its design a tad for where it would be installed, and stained the whole thing a cherry wood color, the light arm however is a chestnut colored stain. ( i knocked over the rest of the cherry stain right after doing the top plywood... typical bs.... so I improvised with an old chestnut we had lying around lol.)

After that sat around and cured I got the PVC all glued together, and waited for it to dry as well. in the meantime updated the Firmware on my Apex so I could run Fusion, and that was a process... only by my own doing, nothing of Neptune's doing. ( I had to borrow my brothers laptop, and his pw wasn't working... yada yada yada... 45 min later, were updating said firmware)

I opened all my goodies from BRS and read manuals and what not, now I'm just giving the stain and the PVC cement time to cure for a good 24 hours before adding rock,sand, and water!

I'm not completely done, i'm sure everyone here can relate in this hobby, but as it cycles and and i get used to it, ill install things permanently and cleanly as possible. But without further ado...

I'm holding my filter sock in place with some 12lb florocarbon fishing leader. I also strung some up to hold the fuge plumbing in place, so it doesn't sag and stress the cemented joint.

The front of the stand will serve as a place to put keys and phones and stuff, the front door is right there, so as soon as you walk in, its the first thing you see. I have a giant roll of the rubber matting material that is under the tank that I salvaged from work, same with the braided cable and clamps, all excess from work. The Barclays PGA golf tournament to be exact in Bethpage NY this past year. My company builds event seating and flooring for televised sporting events and venues. I did the Indy 500 this year too and salvaged the the 90 degree bracket. But I'm getting way off topic here.... So on that note. Enjoy, and as always stay tuned!

OP
OP
SnookNRedZ

SnookNRedZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently getting it wet! Checking for leaks and playing with the settings on the vortec. Should have sand and salt in sometime tonight, baring any set backs.

OP
OP
SnookNRedZ

SnookNRedZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a slight leak with the return side. the threaded elbow where it attacked to the bulkhead was leaking slightly. I think it was a problem of over tightening it... while tightening it, I heard a slight crack, and I'm 80% sure that's where my problem lies. I also had one with the overflow, but I managed to fix that one just by tightening the bulkhead to the elbow another good 1/4 turn.

So, it's postponed until I get the plumbing resolved. I've already managed to cut the pvc out, so I can give this thing another shot. Good thing WWC is right up the street from me! Lol. Stay tuned!

tomtom2245

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good. I like the light bracket and how it extends up from the stand.

OP
OP
SnookNRedZ

SnookNRedZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stopped by WWC today and unfortunately they didn't have the exact bulkhead that I needed, but it was still nice to stop by. They had a similar one but wouldnt allow for the threaded locline to attach, so I placed an order for 2 sets of bulk heads and elbows from the same place I ordered the overflow from. I ordered am extra just incase I run into the same problem again. Soon as I get that in the mail I shall give it another go.

OP
OP
SnookNRedZ

SnookNRedZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've managed to replumb the return tonight, I'm hoping that this time I have zero issues.. If not I thought ahead and ordered two bulkheads so I can give it another go if it springs a leak again. However, I have faith in her this time. I'm going to let everything cure and sit for couple of days before giving it another leak test. So this weekend I'll know if it worked.

OP
OP
SnookNRedZ

SnookNRedZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The leak test went well the second go around! I drained the old RODI water that was sitting in the tank for a week for leak testing puposes, now its refilling with fresh RODI water and will hopefully be full of salt and sand this evening! Ive got my Reef Link and Apex Fusion up and running and I've extensively tested the Tunze Osmolator, and have great faith in all the systems.

OP
OP
SnookNRedZ

SnookNRedZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a legit setup man. Nice work.
thanks man! I just stopped by WWC (im lucky theyre my LFS) got the first critters in the tank.

-bumblebee goby
-seasons greatings montipora
-mix zoa frag
-bob marley frag
-few snails and hermits too
-sustainable aquatics pellets
-LRS reef frenzy frozen

I need to raise my skimmer up about 5" or so, so i have one more project to work on.

Back