Snorkeling in Tahiti

fcmatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am always shocked how amazing colored coral is rarely seen on many of these videos. It is like I expect tank shots from here to look like that in the ocean.

OP
OP
RussiReef

RussiReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am always shocked how amazing colored coral is rarely seen on many of these videos. It is like I expect tank shots from here to look like that in the ocean.
That is how corals looks under sun light spectrum (about 6000K). Really colorful were couple of montipora species, they were glowing in blue and purple colors. Of of course, you can't beat the coloration of clams. From black to gold and everything in between.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
At 6:35 in the video, the blue clam in the upper left is beautiful!

OP
OP
RussiReef

RussiReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really awesome to see stuff like this. Love the snorkeling and scuba vids. Can't wait for Christmas in Playa del Carmen and slapping a mask on. Won't be like Tahiti I'm sure though lol.
I am sure you are going to have a great time in Mexico .

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What island? I was on Moorea about 13 years ago and spent most of my time in the water. Tons of clams, acros, montis, etc..... Must've swam next to a dozen stingrays. I want to go back soon. I remember running into a Titan triggerfish that was massive. I kept my distance and watched him turn over rocks for nearly 30 minutes looking for food. The smaller triggerfish in the lagoons would chase me away from their nests, so much fun. Nice vid, btw.

OP
OP
RussiReef

RussiReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What island? I was on Moorea about 13 years ago and spent most of my time in the water. Tons of clams, acros, montis, etc..... Must've swam next to a dozen stingrays. I want to go back soon. I remember running into a Titan triggerfish that was massive. I kept my distance and watched him turn over rocks for nearly 30 minutes looking for food. The smaller triggerfish in the lagoons would chase me away from their nests, so much fun. Nice vid, btw.
Hello,
We are currently on the island of Taha'a in the Le'Taha'a resort that has a natural coral garden with variety of corals, monti, acros and of course plenty of fish: all different species.
Large variety of clams with different colors and anemones. Also swam near stingrays and black tip sharks (just a few minutes ago ;)).
Definitely recommend the resort and the beautiful coral garden, where I spend most of my day :p .

Back