SO ANGRY! About to tear down the tank for good

Jake9015

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need suggestions to help me refrain from murdering my fish tank! I have a purple pseudochromis that is uncatchable! What should I do? Is there a safe way to kill the fish and not bother the corals? Please suggestions

blkhawk10

Big U G baby!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know where u've been at I had a couple fish that I wanted to kill too lol...I used the 2 liter trick but switched it for a 20oz. bottle cause I only have a 29 to get two out and had to tear the tank down to get the other out. I wouldn't kill the fish man it's mean as hell and you'll feel bad after you do it. Hang in there bro you'll get it.

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel the same way about my bi color pseudo. This is what I am going to do. I am prepping water for a large water change (20 gallons). Tomorrow I am going to do the water change. I will siphon about ten gallons into my container. Then, I will move my corals that I can to the bucket with my old water and some of the rock. Then, I am going to net the bugger and put it in the container with the corals. I will rescape the tank and add fresh saltwater. My tank is only a 55 so it is doable.

Good luck!

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I and some others have trained our fish to eat out of a container or a net, that reallys helps a lot. Don't give up, remember, fish sleep, and they cannot see red light, so night time would be a great time to get the bugger.

Steelerfan747

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had an oc clown that was a real bully. I ended up netting him during a feeding. Good luck

BarbH

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the fish trap with the soda bottle doesn't work another method that I have heard people using is a fishing hook and some fishing line. On the hook you will want to cut off the barb so that you don't injure the fish. Might take some time and a lot of patience but hopefully you will be able to get the fish out without having to tear apart your tank.

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What have you tried, I usually have pretty good luck with fish traps.

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you considered draining the tank down low to catch him and then filling it right back up.

Another thing I've done over the years is cut a piece of 1/4" acrylic as big as will fit and try to get him trapped into a corner with no place to run.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 26 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 6.3%
Back