So....BEAUTIFUL! What's the most beautiful thing about your tank?

What's the most beautiful thing about your aquarium right now?

• A certain fish

Votes: 146 27.3%
  • A certain coral

Votes: 182 34.1%
  • A certain Invert

Votes: 33 6.2%
  • Your aquascape

Votes: 84 15.7%
  • Your equipment

Votes: 38 7.1%
  • Other (please explain in thread)

Votes: 51 9.6%

• Total voters

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It is said that "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" and for most of us beauty is one of the main reasons that we have a saltwater reef aquarium!

What one reefer considers beautiful may not be what you consider beautiful nevertheless I believe most of us find beauty in our aquarium in some form or fashion. It's normally a fish or coral but it could also be things like our aquascape, equipment cabinet organization or a host of other things. Today let's talk about what you consider to be beautiful in your reef aquarium!

What's the most beautiful thing about your aquarium right now?

Nudibranch crawling on the coral reef in the Philippines
bigstock-Nudibranch-Crawling-On-The-Cor-352205360.jpg

bday1335

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the overall design of my aquascape allows for the fish to thrive, the coral placement to be ideal, and the ability to retain a "natural" feel of a reef is the most beautiful part currently. Sure the corals look great and pop with the current lighting etc. But the feeling I get while staring at the tank, makes me so happy with the decisions I made while designing the scape!

IMG_4119.jpg

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This was supposed to go out today! :)

stanleo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a tough one. I love that nothing in my tank is a small frag of something so it looks mature. I love my fish especially my new powder brown tang. But the thing I find most beautiful is the Triton ICP test I ran last week. Out of 36 parameters tested, only 3 were out of whack. Not gonna lie, pretty proud of myself for that. I thought when I read the report it would say in big bold letters "YOU SHOULD NEVER OWN AN AQUARIUM AGAIN!"
full tank 3.11.21.4.jpg
powder brown tang 2.JPG

windemerejack

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When i had my tank, i couldnt pick a specific fish or coral as the most beautiful, the most beautiful thing about my tank was the diversity of critters in my tank, be it loads of different worms, pods, things i didnt have a clue what they was, it was beautiful to see all this life in a rectangle glass box.

Mike from TN

Owner/ Operator of the worlds most crowded Evo
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t decide so I’d have to say “all of it”!
I have very few frags in my tank. I like to start out with established colonies to give me the “mature” look sooner.
Im also a little OCD so I like to see wiring that is made into harnesses and labeled.
If given no choice but to pick, I’d probably have to say my Frogspawn and Elegance are the real eye catchers.
Only 3 fish, a pair of Snowflake Clowns and a Diamond Goby. All 3 are beautiful to me.

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The most beautiful is to have a piece of the ocean in your room and watch how it changes every day...
It's the life in the box.

My tank(s) have gone through ups and downs for the last 20+ years. I still have some life alive in my tank from when I started, a piece of FijI, a piece of Bahama I collected dry in the 1980's and now is coralline covered. The corals that hang on even though I did something wrong, the corals that thrive even though I did something wrong, my 15 year old clowns that spawn frequently, the sponges, forams, brittle stars and other macro life.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 144 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back