So confused: Mysterious deaths

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My foxface now has cloudy eyes after 2X Prazi treatment (2x potency).

This is the tank I lost my three large angels and a hippo to flukes. May need to try new medication or dose 4x (some have done 4-5x dosage without issue).

I wonder if it could also be bacterial or something since it occurred only after the prazi treatment. He's not itching or showing any other symptoms. (Magnificent Foxface)

Mike in CT

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We're his eyes clear before, because most foxfaces have cloudy eyes to begin with. Just a thought if everything else seems normal.

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No it looks like something is growing on the eye, the top of it is still "clear" (yes their eyes are a bit cloudy but this is much cloudier and has what looks like a film on it - hard to tell if it is flukes or something else though.)

YUP

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If after a day, max two of any meds, you don't see an improvement. Your not treating for the right thing or ur water is killing them. That's all the advise I can give other than an isolated 10gal ht like I do.

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Longnose Hawkfish

Longnose Hawkfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doing the water change today then I will dose the second treatment. So far everything is going well.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds good. :thumb: Keep us updated.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Longnose Hawkfish

Longnose Hawkfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dosed second treatment and will do a water change next Saturday. I will also turn the skimmer on Saturday and add carbon also. Remaining fish are doing fine. No scratching since Friday and they are all eating. Thank you for the help.

OP
OP
Longnose Hawkfish

Longnose Hawkfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: doing water change today and will turn back on skimmer and add carbon. Almost all my fish seem fine. Since doing the treatment my Kole Tang has acted funny and barely eats. He used to look very healthy and now he is skinny. I never observed this until after dosing with prazi.

ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1429477187.118476.jpg

ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1429477202.248462.jpg

Before and now. Kind of nervous. :( He is my first fish and I would be really disappointed to loose this fish. All other fish are fine. Oh well, I'm pretty upset over all the fish I lost and would hate to loose one more.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seen any stringy white poop coming out him?

OP
OP
Longnose Hawkfish

Longnose Hawkfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya I have not observed that from the tang. Even if it was internal worms, doesn't prazi kill that?

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Longnose Hawkfish It doesn't have to be this way. We've all been where you are right now. Just learn from your mistakes, go fallow/treat all your remaining fish, and moving forward QT all future fish purchases.

OP
OP
Longnose Hawkfish

Longnose Hawkfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya I definitely learned. It just seems I've been hit by so many things lately in my fish tank. I still have four fish, two of them being sand burying wrasse. I honestly don't know if I can treat all of them. I am out of money and don't have space for a qt. I do have a biocube 14 but don't think four fish would be fine in there. The survivors look really healthy. I might just wait and see what happens. Flukes are gone. At least that is some good news. I checked the tank and nothing came out of the gills or anywhere. I think if my remaining fish survive I will not add anymore and just be content with the ones I have left.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 56 84.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.5%
Back