So Disappointed In Black Friday Sales!

Reefer Matt

Officially Official Account
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the "new normal" is to have sales prices be what the old regular price used to be a couple years ago. Everything has gone up, and the deep discounts we are used to seeing may not happen anymore.

Mical

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Black Friday sales have lost their "luster" for the last couple of years. First retailers pummel us with pre Black Friday sales, then Black Friday comes and it's a toss up, some prices are lower, others the same. Don't get me started on livestock and/or corals, with winter temps & horrendous shipping issues... I won't buy livestock this time of year.

Black Friday deals let me stock up on essential maintenance items - other than I just enjoy what I have.

Lbrdsoxfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its still going today.. its not a salt sale directly, just 50% off repeat order.. limit $20, aka 1 box... so order a box (free ship) then cancel the repeat immediately. I have done their repeat promos before and it still worked for me. I suppose you could use multiple emails to get more.. maybe?
I was wondering like what deal, lol. Been hunting for salt deals since the second tank has been running... But I get what you were doing now :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

OP
OP
PeterC99

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the "new normal" is to have sales prices be what the old regular price used to be a couple years ago. Everything has gone up, and the deep discounts we are used to seeing may not happen anymore.
Spot on!

ninjamyst

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can say that about everything....not just reef stuff.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can say that about everything....not just reef stuff.
Still, the price of Aiptasia has been solid for many years. The manipulation of currency and interest rates is as old as sin.
Watching Tv Mick And Di GIF by Gogglebox Australia

I supported two online vendors and Reef@Reef supporters with a few insignificant purchases BEFORE Thanksgiving and in the middle of the BLACK Thursday, Tuesday through Friday into Black Monday and both packages were supposed to have arrived by Dec 1st but neither has actually shipped anything?

I'm not a big fan of the new online purchasing, banking, and working model of civilization that is being foisted upon us as a huge improvement. Happy Holidays means nothing anymore.

doubleshot00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did searches for IO salt everyday and never saw that sale
Because there was none. Idk what that other guy is talking about. Now 2 weeks prior it was onsale at Amazon for $9 a bag. And a month before that it was $9.30 a bag.

Lbrdsoxfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would only let me get 3 bags so i had a few people help me out. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
My ups driver hates me sometimes
My Amazon and UPS drivers hate me with a passion. I saw the 3 bag cap too, just did it in 4 different orders, lol. Glad I kept a few io buckets around.

I have a few friends that are USPS mail carriers, if you heard the griping that I hear... o_O

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The key is repeat delivery, gotta make sure you cancel, lol. Also hit the minimum for free shipping.

It gave me free ship with one box. Not sure if that is normal or what some other deal they had going. It is worth a shot if anyone needs a box of salt.

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotta give out random free stuff as a tax write off.
I am not a fan of this wisdom. People think that tax write offs are some magic solution to tax liabilities.

This is how it works. The company can 'write off' the cost of goods sold. As such, if an items sells for 200 but costs 100 to make, the company only gets to deduct 100 dollars. Now here is the rub...assuming a 25% corporate tax rate, they only get a tax benefit of $25. As such, why would any company spend $100 to save $25. It doesnt make sense. Tax deductions are only beneficial when you are going to spend the money anyway. (ironically, the same argument i use when buying stuff on black friday with their 'discounts') Throwing away money to get a tax deduction is not economically sound. You can't 'buy a tax deduction' without losing money.

I used to hear the same argument on why someone would take out a mortgage. Would you prefer to give $30 to the government in taxes, or $100 to your bank and save $30 from being paid to the government (net 70 loss).

Last edited:
Back