So Disappointed In Black Friday Sales!

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found deals galore but had realistic expectations
Let me guess..you got a 10 BRS card? :D I got a couple myself!

Jon Stewart Crying GIF

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was hoping to pick up a few items for my new frag tank during this Black Friday weekend. Unfortunately, the discounts for aquarium equipment were very small. How I miss the old days!

Anyone find any great Black Friday sales?

A643278A-3C14-484D-8340-81D69284DEF8.jpeg
If you want to be disappointed...go look at the pricing today on the stuff you were debating buying over the weekend and didnt.

Sad Cry GIF by mushroommovie

OP
OP
PeterC99

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want to be disappointed...go look at the pricing today on the stuff you were debating buying over the weekend and didnt.

Sad Cry GIF by mushroommovie
Was not temped by the small discounts. No rush, I’ll wait…

Big E

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
With the BRS mystery card, you essentially get a minimum $10 off every order. With free shipping at $35, that's almost 30% off if you place the min to get shipping, plus the already discounted item. Locally, I can place a $10 order for pickup and get a $10 card making it essentially free. This is a pretty good deal if you ask me.

I guess if you're buying a small amount it may be a deal, but for most the discount and savings is nonexistent.

10% off from BRS is really only 2.5% off as they charge tax. My tax is 7.5%
BRS also has the highest prices across the board on non MAP items. Do some searches and compare them to Aquarium Specialty, AquaCave, Premiums Aquatics, ect. I seldom buy from BRS because in the end I have to pay more.

doubleshot00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I admit defeat

Indeed some CM deals were trumped by BF deals at same businesses from what I saw but many were not, and if so - not by much.
My LFS is the real hero on BF.

I bought two mystery boxes for $30 and $50 and he said how about we combine them. Got home and it was a NY nicks torch

The online coral vendors are a joke. Especially the most common ones that advertise here. It was laughable. So glad im not that stupid.

ninjamyst

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My LFS is the real hero on BF.

I bought two mystery boxes for $30 and $50 and he said how about we combine them. Got home and it was a NY nicks torch

The online coral vendors are a joke. Especially the most common ones that advertise here. It was laughable. So glad im not that stupid.
Yea, the sponsor online live sales were laughable. I did snag a few pieces that were doorbusters but it pains me to see people pay $$$ for common frags. But hey, someone got to do it to keep our sponsors profitable.

MPCReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me guess..you got a 10 BRS card? :D I got a couple myself!

Jon Stewart Crying GIF
Me too! Have spent nearly 3 grand the past two years with BRS and I get a lousy $10 card? Don't bother!

Edit: My black Friday purchase was an Apex Trident, so not like it was a small purchase. Would it kill BRS to throw in a towel or t shirt or something? Jeesh

Lbrdsoxfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me too! Have spent nearly 3 grand the past two years with BRS and I get a lousy $10 card? Don't bother!

Edit: My black Friday purchase was an Apex Trident, so not like it was a small purchase. Would it kill BRS to throw in a towel or t shirt or something? Jeesh
Those days are gone. I miss Marine Depot...

Grootzilla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was lucky enough to get a 500$ credit to BRS from their giveaways so I got an apex for 24$. Obviously if I hadn’t gotten that I wouldn’t have bought it and only a few people get it each event. I do think pricing has gotten ridiculous. I’ve only been in the hobby 5 years and I’ve seen the prices jump significantly for both livestock and dry goods.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was hoping to pick up a few items for my new frag tank during this Black Friday weekend. Unfortunately, the discounts for aquarium equipment were very small. How I miss the old days!

Anyone find any great Black Friday sales?

A643278A-3C14-484D-8340-81D69284DEF8.jpeg

Salt from Petco, the 200g box for $28 (or the bucket for $19) bucks and stacked some coupons to get a tunze scraper for $30 ($45 normally). Petco also has their 60g breeder on sale for $125.. still debating.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Saltwateraquarium was giving away t shirts, phone charging pads (with their logo), and other stuff for the big purchases... they have freebies for anything over $20 at all times actually, not just for black friday. I always choose them first as I like free stuff.... the stickers look nice inside my sump door. But ya... hats, custom UV art, shark lego for the kids.. are on there for bigger stuff. Actually if you spend $5k... you get a $250 gift card or a free 4k TV. lol kinda odd but why not I guess.

They had tons of free tanks/equiptment prizes too.. I think you had to put in your email for a chance to win so no purchase necessary.

1670033956702.png

Last edited:

Lbrdsoxfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was lucky enough to get a 500$ credit to BRS from their giveaways so I got an apex for 24$. Obviously if I hadn’t gotten that I wouldn’t have bought it and only a few people get it each event. I do think pricing has gotten ridiculous. I’ve only been in the hobby 5 years and I’ve seen the prices jump significantly for both livestock and dry goods.
That's legit. Cheers :grinning-face-with-big-eyes:

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back