So Disappointed In Black Friday Sales!

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And again, Petco's "repeat delivery" discounts are neither bf or cm.

It's not normally 50% off repeat. It is 50% for the holiday ****... It is normally 35% repeat.

Last edited:

radfly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been buying things for $10 per order, using the codes, and paying the $6 for shipping; just to be an A hole. A new box, shipping, and labor has to cost them more than $6. If they want to play stupid games, I can do the same.
I like the way you think.

Attachments

• B2E08E55-BA92-4795-9CB1-97E818BA54A6.png
    B2E08E55-BA92-4795-9CB1-97E818BA54A6.png
    126.3 KB · Views: 30

radfly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well Idk about BRS but my saltwater aquarium package for only one small item had a postage of $1.20 on it tho I think I paid them $6.

Pick something cheap and heavy!
Yup, my order could be sent for the price of a single stamp but I paid 5.99
These online retailers are making a killing.

TheyGaveItToMe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not a fan of this wisdom. People think that tax write offs are some magic solution to tax liabilities.

This is how it works. The company can 'write off' the cost of goods sold. As such, if an items sells for 200 but costs 100 to make, the company only gets to deduct 100 dollars. Now here is the rub...assuming a 25% corporate tax rate, they only get a tax benefit of $25. As such, why would any company spend $100 to save $25. It doesnt make sense. Tax deductions are only beneficial when you are going to spend the money anyway. (ironically, the same argument i use when buying stuff on black friday with their 'discounts') Throwing away money to get a tax deduction is not economically sound. You can't 'buy a tax deduction' without losing money.

I used to hear the same argument on why someone would take out a mortgage. Would you prefer to give $30 to the government in taxes, or $100 to your bank and save $30 from being paid to the government (net 70 loss).
Bro, allot of people don't understand how money works. You can't explain taxes to people who file 1040-EZ.

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bro, allot of people don't understand how money works. You can't explain taxes to people who file 1040-EZ.
i get it...which is why i put the examples down here to try and show people the math. Taxes are black magic to people who may have never had to do them. And it is really easy to hear people on twitter or tick tock talking about how people dont pay taxes because they simply write things off and feel like people are cheating because they are following the rules that for which they are unaware.

TheyGaveItToMe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And we wonder why this country is going down the toilet... smh
I couldn't agree more... How dare this forum member point out a good deal on an essential reefing supply in a thread about sales, and not go unchallenged. S/

Last edited:

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cold just sit and look at this for hours. I've never eaten 56 Chicken Nuggets but if I did I hope they would be better digested before they hit the bowl. How many nuggets did they eat to drop that many in such pristine shape? Gotta wonder about a country with so much food security and their huge bowl filling bowel movements.

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cold just sit and look at this for hours. I've never eaten 56 Chicken Nuggets but if I did I hope they would be better digested before they hit the bowl. How many nuggets did they eat to drop that many in such pristine shape? Gotta wonder about a country with so much food security and their huge bowl filling bowel movements.
Have you eaten at McDonald’s lately? They are not the most digestible.

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fries do me in... It's like crack.
I used to like them like that. Maybe 20 years ago when they had that big scandal about animal fat in the fry oil. That is when they were crack. Then some veginatarian complained and McDonald’s had to reformulate. Now they are just amazing…but crack level has gone by bye for me

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 128 59.5%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 63 29.3%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 77 35.8%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 37 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 63 29.3%
Back