So Disappointed In Black Friday Sales!

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like my cardboard boxes to be reused by some company rather then recycled... they stay in new conditioned only being shipped once.... Seems like a waste just to recycle/process them all over again... no idea if that is a thing... maybe if amazon and target and everyone stopped stamping a logo on them...

Even more so with Styrofoam shipping boxes.

TheyGaveItToMe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like my cardboard boxes to be reused by some company rather then recycled... they stay in new conditioned only being shipped once.... Seems like a waste just to recycle/process them all over again... no idea if that is a thing... maybe if amazon and target and everyone stopped stamping a logo on them...

Even more so with Styrofoam shipping boxes.
You would be surprised about the liability that comes with using a box twice. It can be nonsensical at times.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You would be surprised about the liability that comes with using a box twice. It can be nonsensical at times.

Just sucks for our planet that we don't do things with more thought.

Like target can STOP putting every item in a clear plastic individual bag then in a cardboard box. I do not need 10 baggies!

TheyGaveItToMe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice. I worked on the airline side of conveyance (baggage handling systems) full time for a few years and still do it as part of a side gig.
I have a friend/coworker who used to work at HOU, doing similar work with baggage handling and sky bridges. I have always worked in food and chemical packaging.

TheyGaveItToMe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just sucks for our planet that we don't do things with more thought.
This reminds me of the George Carlin joke:

"The Earth doesn’t share our prejudice towards plastic. Plastic came out of the Earth; the Earth probably sees plastic as just another one of its children. Could be the only reason the Earth allowed us to be spawned from it in the first place: it wanted plastic for itself, didn’t know how to make it, needed us."

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you think they are buying more boxes than super mega corporation? This is the view from my desk...
IMG_20221203_221452.jpg
Shoot a load of McNuggetts, are we both working at the same place! How come I never seen you lately?

I was thinking it was me they were complaining about at the last team meeting, as they said; "Some employee has been speanding a lot of time on fishy internet sites when they are supposed to be working".... :)

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Off topic but that made me think of a case I read about last week. There is apparently been a class action lawsuit brought against Kraft for their mac-n-cheese cups because they say they take 3 1/2 minutes on them but the actual prep time is longer once you count the filling the cup up, pouring the cheese in once it is done in the microwave and then they suggest letting it sit for a minute for the cheese to thicken. They are seeking $1 million in damages!

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Off topic but that made me think of a case I read about last week. There is apparently been a class action lawsuit brought against Kraft for their mac-n-cheese cups because they say they take 3 1/2 minutes on them but the actual prep time is longer once you count the filling the cup up, pouring the cheese in once it is done in the microwave and then they suggest letting it sit for a minute for the cheese to thicken. They are seeking $1 million in damages!

What was damaged? Ha!

Looks like it’s this guy who’s doing it… basically as many as he can… I mean if you file enough, you are bound to get settlements.

Last edited:

Special K

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me too! Have spent nearly 3 grand the past two years with BRS and I get a lousy $10 card? Don't bother!

Edit: My black Friday purchase was an Apex Trident, so not like it was a small purchase. Would it kill BRS to throw in a towel or t shirt or something? Jeesh
Agree that’s why I picked an apex and trident from my lfs

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.2%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.4%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 31 18.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 69 41.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back