so fed up with ecotech vortech lack of long term reliability

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

acropora4u

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sorry to rant, just so fed up with ecotech lack of reliability issues. my story is long, I have an ecotech vortech MP60w quiet drive and have had the item in for service 3 times in less than 1 year...serial number is 81236205798095...this has had a new wet side, dry side and controller all replaced ( at my expense ) and now its down again... don't know what's broken this time... I keep this machine cleaned and properly installed. Just so frustrated because I know they will tell me to send in ( at my expense) and then it will be looked at and then I will get a call asking me to replace at my cost something else!!!!! who else is lost pretty much all faith in the product line?

regards, Dean

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have great luck with their product lines. Ranging from MP10qds to MP60wQDs to XR30s.

My only issues have been when I knock off an un-supported dry side and mess it up. Sounds like you may just have a lemon.... sucks for sure.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been using mp10s for over two years now. No issues and I'm still on my original wetsides. I clean them about once a month or so in rodi water only, no vinegar. Sorry about your troubles. What sorts of issues were you experiencing?

Potatohead

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You seem to have replaced all parts of the unit and still having problems which points to probably a problem with the application or the way it is being used. I will be another anecdote that I have four of them and really no problems.

watdachuck

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had an issue with an MP10 in the past that was frustrating. I paid postage but they returned it, and it still didn't work. I paid postage again and they sent me a refurbished unit that worked for years. It wasn't the greatest experience but I feel like they are few and far between.

Overall I have had very few issues.

Current products:

3 X Radion Gen 4 Pros
2 X MP60's
Vectra L1
Vectra M1
Reeflink

Oshengems

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 mp10 mp40 both solid, the MP40 was new about 3 years old solid dropped it a few times nothing and still the same wetside! The mp10 was used from 2013 using it for about 6 months at 75% still looking solid. Like they pointed out since everything seemed to be replaced is it the way you are using it ? How Often and how you maintain them ? How much is it ramped up? My MP40 doesn’t go above 60%

OP
OP
acropora4u

acropora4u

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run it at 50% pulse mode and cleaner 1xevery month

ecotechmp60.png

Oshengems

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang it! Bad luck with that one. From what I’ve read Ecotech’s customer service is decent I’m surprised for the price you pay for a MP60 they didn’t just replace the unit

OP
OP
acropora4u

acropora4u

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the customer service is good- its just that I have to use it so often with this unit- I wish I could just be sent a 100% new unused and not refurbished unit it its place.

lilpinto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is Ecotech telling you what went wrong with the parts they replaced in the past??

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh that is crazy! I have 3 MP10's I use all from 2012 and I have replaced two wet sides total in the 6 years and nothing else.

I use lagoon and reef crest though, isn't the pulse mode harder on pumps?

Swoody

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My mp40 qd, and M1 both no issues. MP40 been running fine for year and a half.... only cleaned once .....should probably do it again soon!

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a very poor experience with ecotech. One of my radion G3 stopped working. Sent it in and they told me, over several conversations and multiple days it flat out couldn’t be repaired from water damage, as they tried but it would fail overnight, but they would give me a discount on a G4 even though they were not supposed to.

I had them sent it back to me as I didn’t want a G4, and I just gave the unit to my friend as he likes to tinker with parts. Well he just put in a new fuse. Light has been over this wifes tank now for at least 6 months working fine. I didn’t even want it back and switched brands.

twotangs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an MP-40 QD. Been running for over a year - maybe two, no doubt out of warranty. Wet side plastic cover surrounding the magnet cracked and the magnet or whatever metal is in there started to expand and rust. Like I said it was out of warranty, but I reached out to EcoTech and asked them about it. They said sent it in and we will take a look. So I sent it in. I fully expected I would need to buy a new wet side. A few days later and brand new wet side was sent back to me FREE of charge. Personally I have no complaints with their support of products. It is a bad day when you spend a lot of money for something and you don't feel like you get your monies worth - get that. For me EcoTech stood behind their product. I hope you get the issue resolved.

vegamedic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run it at 50% pulse mode and cleaner 1xevery month

ecotechmp60.png

just out of curiosity, why do you have the cord looped up toward the tank instead of down or out to the side? the way it looks in the picture gives water a direct path down to the dry side down the cord

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 126 59.4%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 29.2%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 76 35.8%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 36 17.0%
  • Other

Votes: 62 29.2%
Back