So, how are you guys liking the new bags?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It started off as an idea for an antidote to my terrible penmanship seen regularly on bags I ship with frags in them. But, it ended up as a decent method to illustrate a few simple stats and care requirements that I get asked about often.

While I still haven't been able to develop a better system for writing the actual names, other than to use a much finer pen, these bags have introduced an easier way for my customers to log and care for frags they receive. I am sure there will be minor discrepancies in some of the info I circle or X from time to time. For example, something to this effect, "the Acroberry on my bag says it's a 9 hardiness, but on my friends, it's an 8". Believe me when I say, I really do my best to label each frag as accurately as I can in this regard.

So ultimately, I am very interested to hear what you think so far. Has the info been useful for you at all this past year? Is there any other info you'd like to see on the bags at all? Or perhaps any of the info not crystal clear?

IMG_1837.jpeg

IMG_1836.jpeg

Screen Shot 2021-02-22 at 10.41.46 AM.png

a hill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a likely future customer, I think they look very clean. No problems reading your handwriting here, although I guess you could make 100+ different verions of the bag, one per coral.

I've seen others use the lab style bags that have the pocket for the information, but that seems like overkill.

-Andrew

BranchingHammer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Adam, I personally loved the bags in my last order. It’s nice to know a bit of the backstory of the frag you”re receiving.

Legendary Corals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Loving the extra steps you're taking! I think if the information was available via the website as well it would give a constant reference point for customers. It will allow them to plan their orders based off not only off some sweet sticks, but what they're comfortable keeping and where in their tank they can place them.

Also so they won't have to rely on the bags as reference. I know I'd take a photo or keep the bags in case I ever forget!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

footgal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't ordered from you before, but these look great. The only add I would ask for is a guide somewhere that defines what Low, Medium, High is for flow, lighting, and growth.

Loving the extra steps you're taking! I think if the information was available via the website as well it would give a constant reference point for customers. It will allow them to plan their orders based off not only off some sweet sticks, but what they're comfortable keeping and where in their tank they can place them.

Also so they won't have to rely on the bags as reference. I know I'd take a photo or keep the bags in case I ever forget!
I totally agree with these guys! It would be helpful if you put a place on your website for exact perams of what the low, med, and high mean. So Low= 200 PAR or something to that degree. I really like that you have these bags, it will increase the success found by the customer and you won’t have to deal with repeat questions about placement! Awesome idea :)

Midrats

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took them out of the bags and put them on the rack, then completely forgot which ones were which. The bags are cool though.

Woodneers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s just superior work and well thought in my opinion! I’ve been holding off on stocking my system heavily for a few reasons but I’ll definitely be sampling these bags when I’m ready! I’ll be honest I love the idea of artist interpretation where applicable and I plan to reach out to you directly in the near future and give you my exact specs in detail along with a dollar amount and let you go wild with a large order! It’s gonna be fun.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I haven't ordered from you before, but these look great. The only add I would ask for is a guide somewhere that defines what Low, Medium, High is for flow, lighting, and growth.
I hear you on 100%. This is definitely the thing get ask to clarify most. I have a card that i send with orders as well that includes some basic acclimation info. I still have a pretty big stack, but I think when it's time to get more, I'll add some details about the bag info to that card. Been mulling that over for a while now. The first batch of these bags I started using about a year ago now.

Thanks a lot for the feedback, and the same goes for everyone who posted so far. I really appreciate it.

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having gotten these bags a few times now they really differentiate you from other vendors in a positive way. These were really a great call and I have yet to find a person when I show them the bags in person that are not impressed. In today’s market of chop shop or mass market feeling vendors these really make the order feel truly aquacultured and legit lineage.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 25 80.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 9.7%
Back