So I accidentally coral dipped my tank. Help.

Ryan34667

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I was very excited today to be adding my first corals four zoanthic frags to be exact. I tried to do the smart thing and dip them before putting them in the tank. So I did the dip and without thinking I poured the water from the dip tank into the aquarium. I immediately recognized my mistake but it was too late. It was a small packet of coral RX meant for 1 gallon of water. My aquarium and sump look like a car wash within minutes. I scooped out as much of the water as I could with a 5 gallon bucket and used a Shop-Vac to suck up as much of the soapy bubbles as I could. My skimmer overflowed and I kept sucking until I took at least 5 to 8 gallons of water out. I turned off the return pump and I'm currently mixing some new water any other suggestions. My snails did not look happy but they are still alive and I have not lost any fish

dvgyfresh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh you didn’t drop too much luckily, I think some water changes and skimmer running you’ll be good , can also put a poly filter in if you really worried

Zach B

Noo-Psyche Sales Rep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
How big of a tank? Water changes and carbon

OP
OP
R

Ryan34667

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should be ok .
So lesson learned ?

any time acclimating anything . The water from any bag , bucket does not go into your dt …..
Yeah lesson learned I did it without thinking didn't even think twice. As soon as the water hit the tank I realized what I had done.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 95 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back